Wednesday, 5 August 2009

A card with Custard on it!

I decided that today was going to be a crafting day. However, before I could start I had to do some housework and then take Custard to the vets for his jabs.
There was a small scuffle during which I successfully got Custard into his pet carrier. He doesn't like being in his carrier and started to howl. He continued to howl the whole way to the vets. I tried singing to him, but my 'We're going to the vets' themed remix of 'She'll be coming round the mountain' didn't seem to soothe him.

Thankfully he was very well behaved at the vets. He had his injections and his worming tablet, and then howled all the way back home. Custard has spent the rest of the day in a sulk by his catflap.

I spent the day making this card....


This Allnight Media stamp from their 'Cat's' set looked so like Custard that I couldn't resist substituting him for the little girl in the Sugar Nellie stamp. The papers are s.e.i: Kitty's place/ Cat walk and are really cute. The felt flowers are from Hero Arts and the white rick-rack is Bazzil's Just the edge cardstock.

Poor Custard has spent the last few weeks looking out of the window waiting for it to rain. At least today there has been some sunshine, what a shame sulky boy missed it!

2 comments:

Elise said...

I'm SWOONING over this CAT! What a G-R-E-A-T card and hilarious account of your travels to the vet! {Nobody likes to go THERE! Lol!} You're a hoot: thanks for making me smile with your CRAFTINESS and fun!

Abi Bundy said...

love this!! that cat is lovely!