For the uninitiated, which included me until a few days and one Donna ago, please watch this brief video from the wonderful Lucy. She demonstrates making these little shaped cards so well!
Here is a shot of the back of the card that I shared yesterday. As you can see the score is about 1/4 inch from the top. The adhesive is sandwiched inside the card. You need to make sure that you use really good adhesive as the person opening the card may not realise that this isn't a traditional 'folded' card.

Here is the front again, with the addition of the Hero Arts sentiment.

Donna suggested adding the image after assembling your card. I think that's a really good idea. By doing this you can make sure everything is positioned correctly. With the 'squarer' shaped card that Lucy makes in the video I don't think this would matter as much.
This card was delivered today to thank my parents for a wonderful Christmas Day, fabulous food and their lovely gifts.Happy crafting everyone, go get those Nesties!
15 comments:
Hi Jo, thanks for this and it looks so easy too!! thanks for sharing, Hugs Jo x
Thanks for the info! Love yours!
Love this card and glad to know I am not the only one that does a little jig when things work out - only problem is my craft desk is in the corner of the living room so my family think I am really insane! lol Happy New Year to you jo x
oooh lovely card Jo. Wishing you a Happy New Year
Victoria
x
Thanks for sharing Jo, I'm definately going to have a go at these!
:D
Great idea to show the back of the card...I'll bet your parents enjoyed receiving it, too.
Thanks for the hot tip DJ! Beth
Thak's for sharing your find....
I was a little puzzled myself as to how it was done.
What you up to today, Pete's gone to work, and the boy's are in bed, these day's they don't rise till after lunch.
I am having a play with the note box, It's not going to plan and is taking me forever... I got some Gesso and crackle paint and was not sure how to use it, so it's had load's of coat's... I think with a little more experiment, I will finish, most of my project's tend to be happy accident's, so I am waiting for the accident I will be happy with...lol.
I was thinking of Wednesday or Thursday for our visit to Wendy's, what you think...
As I said Pete's gone back to work, so just getting back to normal here...
Your in my thought's....
x
Vicky
yay! so glad that you love this technique! i love making circle cards!! =)
What an ADORABLE card. Thanks for sharing!
Hey Dotty!
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog today. Drop me your address and I will send the card for you!
Please use this e-mail sannehand@hotmail.com
Hugs Sanne
Ah...what a very sweet and thoughtful thank you card! It's so pretty, and there you go again, using one of my top favorite colors, so beautiful!
Hi Jo, must say we need to keep an eye on the weather,if this keep's up I don't think I will be venturing out, I really don't like driving in it and james wouldn't want me to....
what you think?
Vicky
Dotty Jo, thankyou for sharing the secret :-). And yes I think I already have those nesties...So I will have a go--...
Have a wonderfull day...
Hugs....
Thanks for the inspiration!! What a wonderful and magical card you've made :o)
That video link helped show how easy it was with the back and I made my 1st attempts and I'm going to try some more.
What size scalloped punch did you use?
Post a Comment