I seem to be on a CAS kick! Perhaps that says something about where my head is right now? However, clean and simple seems to be making for some wonderfully relaxing card making and I'm having lots of fun. I made this just before the weekend as I needed a few thank you cards. The stamps are from Stampin' Up and Hero Arts and I used Distress Inks and black Versafine. The paper has a linen texture and I quite like how it has given the stamping a slightly grainy look.
I was planning to enter the Less is More Challenge but this week the theme is 'doodling' and I just can't seem to create anything that I like! Must try harder....
Finally, thank you so much for all your kind comments and emails about the loss of my friend Shell. I really appreciate your support and friendship.
In memory of Shell: myself, my dear friend Gay, Gay's daughter, Shell's daughter and a group of Shell's friends and colleagues are going to run in the Telford Race for Life in a few weeks time. I'll share the pics after the event and give you all a good laugh at how un-athletic I am!
Happy crafting everyone!
21 comments:
Just gorgeous Jo...:o)
big hugs Vicky xx
Love your new CAS phase Jo this card is fabulous, I still find CAS difficult!!
I am really unfit but did do the Race for Life a couple of years ago in memory of a work colleague, a group of us from school got together to do it and had a fabulous day and raised lots of money. Hope it all goes well for you.
Hugs
Sally
Lovely card Jo, fab colours and design. So sorry to hear about your friend xx Hugs, Lisa x
love your CAS design, Jo! beautiful colors , too. fabulous card!
It's true, simple cards always have a great effect.
This can be seen very well again on your card!
Thanks for your nice comment.
Daen'Ys ♥
Another lovely card Jo, good luck with the race for life hun.
Donna x
stunning card jo.fantastic cas design :D
xx coops xx
Love your gorgeous CAS card.
luv
Debby
Hi Jo
Fabby card.
Love the colours and embossing.
Love Jules xx
Very pretty Jo. Good luck with the race. It is a great way to raise Cancer awareness.
Hi Dotty Jo! I think the graininess of the paper really added some great texture to your stamping. :-)
Well, un-athletic or not, I think it's a wonderful gesture in memory of your friend. Such a sad story and cancer seems to be running rampant these days. Here's wishing you lots of running power. :-) Hugs!
Another gorgeous card and I love the linen card that you've stamped on...gives such a wonderful texture!!
Hope you've had a good day, today and thinking of you!
Love Emma xxx
Love the CAS design. The earthtones look wonderful against the white.
Shelby
Its a lovely card and a wonderful tribute to your friend to enter the race.
Hugs Chris x
Lovely card Jo.
Good luck with the Race for Life.
I did the 'Moonwalk' for Breast cancer a couple of years ago and found it a really powerful experience. :)xx
Cool, elegant and GORGEOUS!!!
Hi Jo, Great texture on your card and a lovely result, I love CAS too, it's very satisfying! Good luck and have fun with the Race, so many people that you know that have been affected :[ Keep your chin up, hugs Gay xx
Very stylish Jo - it looks amazing :)
hugs
xxalisonxx
Fab CAS card Jo, love these colours together especially with the black mat...gorgeous hun :) Donna ♥ x
Ooooow! Oooow! Ooooowww! {I HAVE that set!} But I never made it look THAT good! You are WONDERFUL in CAS mode!
I love this card. The colors and the CAS style! You rock girl!
Post a Comment