Thursday, 5 November 2009

Merry and bright!

This is another wonderful stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie.
Her name is Anthoinette and I just had to make her s-l-i-d-e across this card on her little skates!



I've never made a penny slider before and approached the whole thing as if it was a major engineering project. I rarely make templates but I have to admit that making a template for the 'hill' with the slot in it was a good idea as it helped to get the positioning correct.

The blue background is covered with embossed snowflakes from a stamp set that has lost it's label. The sentiment is from a new set that will be appearing again very soon, so I'll give you all the details then. I added a cute little tag for Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #4 (Tag you're it!) and then went totally OTT with the glitter glue. This card doesn't look quite how I had imagined, however I am quite pleased as this is my first attempt at a penny slider!

I still feel really poorly so I'm going to tidy up, get a hot chocolate and settle down to watch Day 4 of the fabulous Kristina Werner's 25 days of Christmas. It's a snowman window card today!

Happy 5th November to everyone in the UK.
Needless to say I will be keeping Custard in this evening as he is very frightened of fireworks.

Happy crafting everyone!

17 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

WOW!! What a fabulous creation! I've never made a penny slider before either, but you've done a wonderful job! It's perfect for Antoinette! Thanks for joining our Kraftin' Kimmie challenge this week!

Nicky said...

Wow I love you slider card very clever - I have never made one of these

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh Jo, you clever Girl.
This is wonderful.
you have got it bad with these stamp,s. Can see why though they are gorg.
What a great idea to make her into a penny slider, I was wondering what you were going to make when you mentioned it the other day.
Perfect card for a perfect image
Well done, I love it.....
x
Vicky

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Jo, sorry you are still feeling poorly, I managed to go back to work today although my voice is still a bit croaky. Your slider card is amazing, she looks so cool skating across the card. Hope you feel better soon.
Sallyx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment - thought I'd come and visit you! This card is gorgeous and the stamp is perfect for a slider card I love it!

Debbie

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh now you had to go and one up me on these stamps! She is so cute!!! I have seen the penny sliders just never done one, your is spectacular! Beth

Jo said...

Hi Jo, Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a comment, fantastic cards and I love your blog. Hope you feel better soon. Jo x

Vanessa said...

This card is perfect!! Love the image - the names of these cute stamps are very fitting, she looks like an Anthoinette for me... and the other one looked like a Francesca!
Get well soon!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, I am so glad you like the package...
I have been a bit half soaked lately, what with Pete's Mom and other issue's, I found the note card I had wrote you this morning under some images.doh...All it said was I was not sure what paper to use so I stamped them on a few different one's that I use, the thin one is copic paper so if you use promarker's I think they should work in the same way.
If you see anything else on my blog you would like to try, don't be shy.....
I loved the images you sent me, I am such an impulsive buyer and have lot's of stamp's that don't see the light of day, if I go to the NEC and see Charlotte, she's coming home with me.lol...
Hope your feeling better, I went to MIL's today with Pete. She's was a bit confused and sleepy, but that's the drug's.
Speak to you soon x
Vicky

Victoria said...

oh oh oh I love this soooo much it's fab - she just glides across the card. Such fun

Victoria
x

Sanne said...

Hi Jo! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. I like your style of cardmaking - think I´ll be your new follower ;0)
Enjoy your day!
Sanne

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is such a fun looking card Dottie Jo. I love that image. You should try out for their guest designer spot. I hope you start feeling a bit better soon.

Linda Brun said...

Dottie Jo ! I love you slider card and Anthoinette really sparkle.

Hugs, Linda

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is SOO wonderful Jo! Kimmie's images definitely are cute! Love the colors and the slider effect! Now, is that YOUR view from your home in your header!!! Goodness sakes, if it is, I'm jealous! ;) HUGS!!

Elise said...

WOWOWOWOWO! This is quite possibly my most favorite card that you've created! It's PURE magic and perfection! I'm in love! That girl image ~ I love HER! Golly, golly, golly gosh, Dotty Jo! The SCENE you've created is EVERYTHING wonderful and magic about card making and its infinite possibility! FANTASTIC, doll! This was worth every bit of effort you put out! FANTASTIC JOB!

P.S. LOVE the new header!

Lynne in NI said...

COOOL card Jo, and great idea to make her skate across your card.
:o)

Leigh said...

Thanks for taking a look at my blog. I really like this card and the way you've arranged her to slide across the ice. Excellent.