Saturday, 16 January 2021

Less is More

 

I was delighted to see the first theme of 2021 at LIM was Fashion and Accessories and knew immediately which stamp I wanted to ink up.

Isn't this one a beaut? I've had it for ages. It's from Inkadinkado and I believe it's called My Mother's Dress, although I've seen it listed under other names too. Unfortunately, it's no longer available anywhere that I can find.

It's a while since I last used this stamp so I thought I'd bring things right up to date by using the Pantone Colours of 2021 and smooshy watercolouring.


The sentiment is from a Unity Grab bag and I love how well the image and the font style match. The embossing folder is from Crafts Too.

The LIM gallery and DT inspiration cards are a delight, so I'm grabbing a coffee and heading over to take a look! Take care and stay safe!

9 comments:

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love the watercolour artistic feel. Perfect for a designer dress. And in the colours of the year!

I Card Everyone said...

Absolutely love this, Jo!!
=]

Lindsey said...

Such a great idea to pick the Pantone colours for a fashion challenge! And the dress and your colouring for the card are beautiful.

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous. This stamp is one of the first few I bought and it still is a favourite. Love it in the grey and yellow colour scheme.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wonderful choice of image and colors, Jo. Thanks for sharing with us at Less Is More.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous dress image atop the black embossed background, Jo - love it!!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous image Jo and you really have bought it bang up to date with your beautiful smooshed background and those colours! I'm glad someone else gets all excited about the Pantone Colour of the Year announcements! Vicky x

perfectly4med said...

Love that you have used this year's colours for you fab make. Thanks for joining in the fashion parade over at Less is More.

Neil

Glittertastic said...

I remember this stamp featuring in loads of magazines years ago - a fabulously feminine card! It looks fab paper pieced too!

Sharon
x