Friday, 17 July 2009

Kwernerdesign Colour Inspiration Challenge and an unhappy cat!


It is pouring with rain here in England, and has been for a few days. My cat, who is called Custard, is very unhappy about this. He just sits looking out of his cat flap and clearly expects me to be able to stop the rain!

At least the bad weather means that I don't have to feel too guilty about staying in and playing along with Kristina's latest challenge.



This simple little 'Thank you' card is for a dear friend called June. She never forgets to send myself and my hubby a birthday card and gift, so this is to thank her for her friendship and kindness.

Once again, I struggled with Kristina's colours. I also struggled with my second experiment with chipboard. I was hoping to clear emboss a pattern onto the chipboard shape, but it didn't quite go to plan. However, it has given the chipboard a nice texture so I'm not too disappointed.

All of the cardstock is Bazzill, the stamps are from Hero Arts and I used Versacolour inks.

I cannot believe that it is raining so much, my garden is turning into a swamp - can cats swim?

6 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Your friend June will be so happy to receive this lovely card! It is so cheerful and you can just feel your "thanks" in the card!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun chipboard accent piece. Great job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kathlene said...

The chipboard shape and the scallops are such a nice combination on your card, as are the "happy" colors. Thanks for sharing.

Elise said...

You're a hoot, Dotty Jo! Yes, CAT'S CAN SWIM! They can even make cards! That is, if they REALLY wanted to: I think they like the ruse more than anything, so we'll never know for sure! Doh! From a fellow {fat}cat friend, Amen, Sista! Your card, by the way, was well worth the journey! It's ADORABLE! I think these challenges are ALWAYS worth the struggle! Great job!

Traveling Mama said...

I missed your card before (I'm a little behind on seeing everyone's cards.) I was wishing for rain until we had a huge dust storm with hail and pouring rain! Freaky! Hope you are well!

Abi Bundy said...

really love this!