Tuesday, 23 March 2010

One fairy, and a bear with a blanket!

Unusually, I have two cards to share today...

The first one is a sweet Lilli of the Valley Fairy that I coloured with Promarkers. I added lots of Stickles and Diamond Glaze, but neither is showing up that well on this picture. I brushed a little gold Veracolour over those lovely Cuttlebugged swirls, but again while it looks lovely in real life it hasn't photographed well.
I just love colouring these images as they are so easy and you can get great effects with very little effort. This is all down to how beautifully they are drawn by those very talented LOTV artists and owes nothing to my colouring skills!
Now just to prove that I am not completely addicted to LOTV, my second card features a Popcorn the Bear image that I stamped on a visit to my friend Vicky a few weeks ago. While on the subject of the lovely Vicky, please drop by her blog to see the fabulous card that she posted yesterday as her DT card for the Crafty Cardmakers Challenge. It's a stunner, and one which just took my breath away when I saw it!
I made this second card for a friend who is retiring tomorrow. She collects and makes bears, so hopefully she will appreciate little Popcorn, his blanket, and his sparkly daisy. My mojo was lacking 'oomph' this morning so I decided to use this inspirational little sketch from Sketch Saturday to help things along... thank you so much girls, it did the job nicely!

Happy crafting everyone!

17 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really lovely cards Jo!! Two is always a plus to see! ;) I'm really liking the texture of that cuttlebug swirl! Very pretty!

Sanne said...

Great cards Jo - the circlecard is so effectful with that green cuttlebuged background! Fantastic colors, too!

Abounding Treasures said...

I'm very partial to circle cards and yours is lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

Fab job Jo...I just adore what you did with the fairy, she's coloured beautifully...and I really love the papers on the other card, can't see properly, did you distress the edges?

Fab job chick!!!

Thank's for the mention too. not sure if I can keep it up though, this is my worry now, are people going to expect more like that...I hope not, cards I make like that only come once in a blue moon...

I have been having a go at painting with distress inks...I definitely need more practice though.
Hope you ok and not working too hard...
x
Vicky

chris said...

Hi there Jo two very special cards as always, they really are.
hugs chris xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oh Jo, they're fabulous! I'm loving your LOTV stamps and the embossed green bg is so effective! And your friend will love her card, the bear is a real cutie!
:o)

Alice said...

i so want that fairy stamp!!! you colored it so beautifully! love both of your cards!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Both cards a sooooo pretty! I love that glitter in the first one. They are both colored perfectly!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable cards! Love the bear he is too cute and the fairy is lovely!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Jo! LOVE getting a double dose of your cards! Thanks for enabling me to LOTV stamps....I think!

SemSee said...

Beautiful cards! I love the fairy, and that bear card is too cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Sem x

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous Jo.
luv
Debby

Christy said...

Awesome cards...I love that you made a circle one...so creative :)

lauren bergold said...

oh RATS!

i had a really great comment all typed in and blogger ERASED IT when i pressed "post"!!! i think they must've been jealous that i was gushing about your gorgeous coloring skills instead of praising the brilliant bits of code & hardware that make BLOGGER worth EVERY PENNY we spend onnit!!!

(no seriously, GORGEOUS cards and the fairy especially ROCKS MY WORLD! wow! fabbbbbbbulous! ♥♥♥)

cats whiskers said...

OMG what truly stunning cards dear, just love your colouring they are beautiful
Hugs Jacqui x

Jill said...

Loving the sparkle on her wings and great take on the sketch with your bear card!!

Elise said...

Perhaps I have died and gone to card making heaven... YOUR CARDS ARE FANTASTIC! I'm so in love with the fairy card, I, seriously, feel intoxicated! OUTSTANDING WORK! You have been one busy bee!