Monday, 5 April 2010

Fairies, banana bread and bunny ears!

Ok, so I've used a Lilli of the Valley image again.... but what's a girl to do when they are just sooooo lovely!

I hope that everyone is enjoying their Easter break.
Hubby is at the football, so I'm indulging in a little bank holiday crafting. I also found time to try out a new banana bread recipe this afternoon and I have to say that it smells fabulous! I'm looking forward to tucking into it later with a big cup of hot chocolate... yum!
This simple little Nestie card was so quick and easy to make. I coloured the image earlier in the week and just added the finishing touches today. I think that Nestie cards make a fabulous 'fallback' when you need a cute card in a hurry! I swooshed a little silver Versacolour over some D'vine Swirls embossing for a quick and simple background.
It's 'Blue and silver' for week #50 over at the Lili of the Valley Challenge Blog and the Flutterby Wednesday Challenge is for 'Blue, white and green'.
I'm also linking this card to the following challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #53 - 'Sugar and spice and everything nice'
Crafty Creations girls - 'Anything goes'
'Shapes Galore' at A Spoonful of Sugar.

One small card... so many challenges!

Just before I sign off I hope you don't mind if I share these latest pictures of my niece.
Guess who didn't really want Auntie to photograph her wearing bunny ears!!!
She'll love these pictures when she's 21!
Happy crafting everyone!

43 comments:

Jill said...

Love, love, LOVE your card and your niece is sooo adorable! Thanks for sharing! ;)

CinnamonSally said...

Cute card Jo love the background effect too. Great photos of your niece she is sooo sweet.

Annette said...

Oooooh! What a lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at SSC.

chris said...

Hi jo
wow wee I love this. love the fact that it has'nt got lots of additives! it is just perfect the way it is as your art work is so so good.
hugs chris xx
please you have had a nice day and your niece looks scrumptious!!

Juls said...

gorgeous make! Love the embossed detail! Hugs Juls

Sanne said...

What a cute little niece ;0) Looks like she is having fun dressed up as a little bunny!
Love your circle card - great effect with the CB background!

Alice said...

you know i just adore your lily of the valley card! gorgeous! and your niece is soooooooo adorable with her bunny ears!!

Unknown said...

Love your card great colouring on image and your wee niece is adorable with her bunny ears, Thanks for joining us at OSAAT good luck in draw
Sarah xx

Lynne in NI said...

Super cute card Jo - love how you added the silver over the swirls.
And how sweet is your little niece (....'almost' as cute as mine!)
Hope you enjoy your banana bread, sounds delish!
:o)

cheryl said...

oh love the colurs on this and your wee niece is just adorable brilliant pictures
thanks for joining us over at OSAAT hugs cheryl xxx

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Those pics of your DN are adorable! As always, I LOVE your card. Thanks for the blog love!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Darling card! I totally don't blame you for using it again!! Whenever I find a stamp image I adore, it just keeps getting inked up and played with so much! I always love your embossed backgrounds with the swirls!

Love your little niece there...how cute is she? Thanks for sharing and looks like you had a fun Easter?

Barb Hardeman said...

How totally delightful you card is! I love your embossed background - a perfect fit with that darling image! Your coloring is beautiful and realy makes your fairy sweet and feminine! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week, hope you'll come back next week and play...Barb

Danni said...

Such a wonderful card and what a cutie your niece is! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Pajalu said...

Awe Jo your niece is a sweetie :D. As is your card. I'm going to have to check out the lilli challenge now I've got some of those gorgeous stamps ;) xoxoxoxoxoxo

Leonie said...

That image is just adorable and love the embossing on the scalloped circle. And your neice is just a little sweetie!! thanks for joining us this week at SSC
Hugs
Leonie

Gemma said...

What a beautiful card, I love the colours you used and the unusual round shape and the embossed backgrounf. Of course the image is very sweet as well. Thanks for joining us at the SSC, hope you will join us again next week! Hugs Gemma

Anonymous said...

Ahh, she's a picture...bless
Love the card Jo...I am just catching up after a long weekend with Hubby, he's back at work now, so I can get some much needed housework done...I can't stand doing it when everyone under my feet.
Hope you enjoyed your banana cake, you must show me how to make that nestie card later in the week
Take care for now
x
Vicky

Vanessa said...

What a great card, Jo! Love the embossed background! And your niece is adorable!!! So cute!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Mrs Mayne said...

Cute card and your niece looks like she's having great fun! Thanks for joining us for the Papertake Weekly challenge! x

Sam said...

Hi hun. Great card and thanks for joining us here at OSAAT. I hope you'll come back and check out our winners and our next challenge on Sunday.
Sam x

Adria Slauterbeck said...

quick and easy but so stunning! This is one of my favorites so far! I wish I could touch it and see that background at different angles...shucks!

Great card, visit SSC again!

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous honey, love the image you have chosen, great take on the colour combo too, thanks for joining us at "Lili of the valley Challenge" big hugs Pops x

PS gorgeous pics too

Graphicat said...

I love how you've done the embossing on your nestie! That looks so fab! Im definatly gonna have to try that! The image is adorable too, but not quite as adorable as the bunny at the end of your post... ;o)

Thanks for joining in on our girly challenge this week at SSC!!
Hugs, CHeri

Birgit said...

Your card is sooooo pretty and I love the background-the dark blue and silver. Wonderful. Your niece looks so sweet-a very cute bunny

Tyggereye said...

she is so cute!!! Great card. I love those bunny ears.

Kim said...

WOW!!!!YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....GOOD LUCK
ON WINNING....
Thankyou for joining us here at
OSAAT.
I HAVE BECOME A FOLLOWER AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU
TO FOLLOW ME TOO AT COWGIRL UP STAMPS
BIG Hugs CJ

stitchy said...

What an adorable card and an equally adorable bunny lol...thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT this week, hope to see you next week too..
Good luck on all those draws..

stitchy xx

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work!

Saskia :)

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Your card is so lovely, but I have to say that your niece steals the show on this post:)

Carolyn said...

Wow, fabulous card. I love the image you used. Your neice is absolutely darling. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Stampin Lucy said...

This is stunning!! Just gorgeous, your coloring and the image are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT

lauren bergold said...

that swirly scalloppy card is MAGNIFICENT! what a beautiful keepsake for the luky recipient! those colors really are wonnnnnderful!

(ps: of course the card was slightly eclipsed by photos of the world's CUTEST BUNNY!!!!! but then that's only right, eh?!) ♥♥♥

darcy48 said...

Love your card the image is lovely but I think your niece stole the show she is so cute!

carlz said...

ooo a girl after my own heart, this has to be one of my fav stamps!! she's a stunning lil fairy! what a fab card hun! thanks for playing at stamptacular Sunday challenges! good luck! xxx

Suzanne C said...

YOur card is adorable and beautiful! The banana bread sounds delicious and the pictures of your niece is so sweet!

Marianne-db said...

Beautiful card, and I love the image :-)
Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular!

Paula said...

Love the fairy and all the bling! I also love the adorable bunny...so glad you shared! I'm so glad you were able to join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Linda Brun said...

Jo, Pretty card ( Still love thoose nestie cards of yours ) and the sweetest bunny I've seen..
Hugs

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Oh I love your card and I LOVE your niece in her bunny ears :D
Thanks for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at OSAAT. Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see who won and find out all about our next challenge :)
Good luck!

Donna aka Lil Diva said...

Good luck with the challenge at OSSAT this week hunni..Love Donna aka Lil Diva Stamps
http://lildivastamps.blogspot.com/

CraftyC said...

Love your card and your niece is just as sweet.Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge!
Clairex

Marcea said...

Fabulous card!!! Love how you have used our colour combo so effectively. Thanks for joining us on LOTV
-x-

mouth watering madly now at the thought of your banana bread x