Thursday, 15 April 2010

Feel better soon...

The challenge this week at The Secret Crafter is to make a get well card.

I thought that I was going to struggle with the theme until this crazy little idea popped into my head! I always appreciate a card that makes me laugh when I'm feeling low, so I went with a little comedy number using my favourite piggy from Stampin' Up!
The papers are all from the gorgeous Cosmo Cricket early bird pad. I love using these papers, but I always 'sigh' as the cutter zips them down to size. I added lots of 'Old Paper' Distress ink and some cute Stampin' Up! linen thread to complete the 'Homespun' look that I was trying to achieve. I hope that this little pig feels better soon as he looks very, very sick indeed!

Happy crafting everyone!

29 comments:

Sanne said...

aweeeeee these pigs are really cute - lovely mix of PP and great colors

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute card Jo, bound to make anyone feeling under the weather smile. That little piggy sure has a bad case of spots!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Yummy papers you've used Jo, and yes, you're so right to always keep these type of cards as cheerful and bright as possible, love the humor with the little piglets!

Elise said...

Oh, oh, oh, OH! You KNOW how much I adore that piggy! {SWOON!} Oh, I am so glad to see that you clearly have your CRAFT-ON, sista! I've missed you! Sorry to have been absent from your fantastic craft, of late! I'm hoping to catch up with your FABULOUS creations! Love you, sweet Madame Dots!

Pop's Cards said...

This is so sweet i love the odd one out bless i want to be unwell now so i can have this card lol, hugs Pops x

Dawn T said...

Jo - this made me laugh so I can imagine when one isn't feeling 100% it would be a fun card to recieve. Very clever!!!

Laney said...

Hi Jo
great card so very cheerful just the job for a poorly person, Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am so glad I decided to pay you a visit great blog and beautiful cards, nice to see little bunny ears too how cute
hugs
laney

Lynne in NI said...

Tee hee .... what a fab idea Jo - those little piggies are so cute! Might have to case this one on you!
:o)

☼ Cheryl* said...

Hi Jo, thanks for the heads up about your candy. I had to come look at your blog! Your cards are lovely, very creative!!
This is a fab card. It would definitely cheer a sick person up and I love the papers :)
Cheryl x

Amy said...

Awww, this card totally made me smile! Love your clever coloring of those cute little piggies!

Anonymous said...

This made me smile...I just adore those piggy's....
Love the papers and the layout Jo, cosmo cricket are my fav...
x
Vicky

Traceyr said...

Great fun card - brilliant :)

Cheryl said...

Oh my - this is so CUTE! That poor little piggy.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Dotty this card would definitely put a smile on my face! That green spotted piggy is the best! Beth

Abounding Treasures said...

A great card ~ full of colour and humour ... just the thing to make someone chuckle and feel a little better :o)

Have a great weekend!!

Alice said...

those little piggies are too cute! love this!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

THIS is sooo adorable. I would feel better instantly if I got this card. I do the same sigh with any of my CC paper too. Thanks for sharing such a fun idea!

Helen said...

Great card - I love this idea for a 'Get Well' card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

debby4000 said...

Oh I love this card it did make me chuckle, love the sickly pig.
luv
Debby

Lizziski said...

Love the papers you used and that pig is so cute. The whole card will cheer anyone up

Debbie said...

Love Love Love PIGS (as you can see by my blog, "I have another passion"!) What a great get well card, you always need a get well, a thankyou and unfortunatly a sympathy card in your stash/box...
Debbiexx

Jill said...

SOOO clever and cute!!

Jane said...

Too darn CUTE! LOVE those pigs!

CraftyC said...

Your card is so sweet Jo. Love the papers and cute piggy's!
Clairex

Suzanne C said...

LOL! That is too funny! Love your card.

Deirdre said...

Love the card.... so fun. Great image. Love the colours.

Thanks so much for your vote over on TGF Royal Battle Jo. We really appreciate each and every one... fingers and toes crossed! LOL!!!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jo, what a gorgeous card. I love the spotty pig - definitely will lift the spirits. Gorgeous papers. Hugs, Denise x

Jennifer said...

This is SO CUTE & CREATIVE!!

Tyggereye said...

That is so cute!! What a great way to use a stamp! Very creative. :)