When I spotted these cute Japanese girls over at Mamidoodles I just fell in love!
They are work of the talented Elisa and belong to her gorgeous and very affordable set of images called 'Midori', which means "Green" in Japanese. Elisa has created this kit especially with us cardmaking girls in mind. You can get sweet little Midori in three different outfits, and she also comes as a template for paper piecing.
Elisa has just announced her new DT and has opened her first challenge over at Mamidoodles.
I couldn't resist playing along and really enjoyed using the yummy colour combo of 'wheat, pale blue and red' inspired by this picture.
This little tri-fold card is my entry for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #79.
The theme for this week has been chosen by my super talented friend Vicky... so there was even more incentive than usual for me to play along!
I used this beautiful traditional Haiku, translated by Robin Gill in 'Cherry blossom Epipthany', to set the scene:
Japanese people believe the Japanese cherry blossom captures and defines all that is vulnerable about being human. They believe that the brief Sakura season gives a timely reminder, once a year, that life is fleeting and time is precious. For them the cherry blossom season is a time to take stock and evaluate what they have achieved, and what they are going to do next, on their life path. People travel from all over Japan to see the best displays of blossom.
The cherry blossom on this card was created using flower soft. The additional stamps that I used are a flower border clear stamp and the gorgeous 'Leaf Flourish' stamp, both from Hero Arts. The leafy border stamp is from Hobby arts and was stamped using Distress Inks.
Vicky's theme is 'A Day Out', and originally I was thinking about a day out in the country such as a picnic or a visit to a farm. However, after seeing cute Midori I knew that I wanted a little group of girls in their beautiful kimonos taking a day trip to see the cherry blossom or Sakura.
I loved the book and film 'Memoirs of a Geisha' by Arthur Golden. The beautiful cherry blossom scenes made a big impact on me and inspired the idea for this card.
I loved the book and film 'Memoirs of a Geisha' by Arthur Golden. The beautiful cherry blossom scenes made a big impact on me and inspired the idea for this card.
I used this beautiful traditional Haiku, translated by Robin Gill in 'Cherry blossom Epipthany', to set the scene:cherry blossoms
with the morning moon
still in the sky
Japanese people believe the Japanese cherry blossom captures and defines all that is vulnerable about being human. They believe that the brief Sakura season gives a timely reminder, once a year, that life is fleeting and time is precious. For them the cherry blossom season is a time to take stock and evaluate what they have achieved, and what they are going to do next, on their life path. People travel from all over Japan to see the best displays of blossom.I am also entering this card into the following challenges:
Ginger Snap Creations Random Redhead Challenge - Growth (personal growth!) and
Raise the Bar - Movie Mania: Memoirs of a Geisha
The cherry blossom on this card was created using flower soft. The additional stamps that I used are a flower border clear stamp and the gorgeous 'Leaf Flourish' stamp, both from Hero Arts. The leafy border stamp is from Hobby arts and was stamped using Distress Inks.Happy crafting everyone, and don't forget to drop by next week as I'll be celebrating my 1st Blogoversary with a few little candy giveaways!
32 comments:
Just lovely Jo!!!
That is fantastic, Jo :) I love the Japanese girls!
Beautiful card, I love the way you coloured the images, Thanks for joining us in the Mami Doodles challenge.
Jackie :)
Gorgeous card - love your flowersoft blossom!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x
I saww these last week, but you have done such an amazing job on this card Jo.... Very special
Wow, that is an awesome tri-fold card, the little asian dolls are so gorgeous, beautiful blue in that background!
Wow!!! Just BRILLIANT!!!
Stunning! Love it to bits.
Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.
Beautiful card Jo - I love your cherry blossom and your flower border is perfect!
Memoirs of a Geisha is on my 'must read' list ... if I'd spend less time blogging I'd be able to get a bit more reading done ! LOL!
:o)
Wow! This is amazing Jo!
Beautiful! The girls are sooo cute! Luv the scene you have created.
xoxo,
Lori
wow! this is absolutely amazing! so so so beautiful! LOVE the cherry blossom scene you created!
This is wonderful! What a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar this week ... hope to see you again next challenge!
Oh this is gorgeous I just adore those lovely images so much so I have just bought them lol...beautiful colours I love this so much thank you for joining our challenge at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Love seeing your inspiration and wow! This is a work of art! Love your coloring on the dolls as well as the beautiful scene you created for them!
Wow Jo this is one amazing card. I also love the explanation of the cherry blossoms & how you came to make this remarkable card. xoxoxoxo
Hiya pal...
Oh Jo this is fantastic, what a beautiful story to go with it to, you really are informative!!!
Is the book better than the film?
I have to agree with you on the images, my very super talented pal Lily's on the team...a credit to them she is.
Your card is beautiful Jo, you should be proud!!!
x
Vicky
Oh this is so gorgeous and so cute too.
luv
debby
This is stunning i love everything about it, the image is sweet and the colours are just perfect, what a couple of cuties :) hugs Pops x
This is totally awesome Jo.. and i really love the meaning of cherry blossom festival that you've explained.. so beautiful and good luck with your challenge! Your card is definitely a winner in my book :)
Oh Jo, this is just stunning. AMAZING details and love the shape of the card/folds. It is just a gift in itself.
Thanks so much for playing along with Mami Doodles first ever Challenge. ♥
Thanks so much for your vote on TGF Royal Battle too... we are sooo happy to be through. Hugs to you.
Wow Jo this card is amazing, love the trifold idea and your beautiful little Japanese girls walking through the card. Absolutely stunning, good luck with the challenges.
Sallyx
What gorgeous little Geisha's and beautiful coloured..Lynn :)
Those dolls are too darn cute and what a lovely design you made with them. Love the photo of your cat Jo!
Oh this is stunning! I can understand you desire to own these, enjoy your weekend! Beth
Madame Dots! YOU HAVE OUTDONE yourself and I, for one, would have never thought it possible! OUTSTANDING work, friend! Absolutely fabulous! War could be waged over such beauty! SERIOUSLY, the crafting of this gorgeous piece is outstanding! I love it so! Thank you for the cherry blossom education! Seriously! I remember a trip to the Tea Garden in San Francisco when I was a kid, but certainly NOT the details like you have just shared! Thank you, doll! What a fantastic post!
Well this is so lovely! Love the flowersoft you added the three images and the beautiful coloring!
I don't know why I'm not getting your blog post updates in Google Reader! How could I miss this??? It's just adorable, Jo! I love the tri fold card--like a Japanese shoji screen--and those Mami images are too cute! Great job! You're a winner to me!
HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!!!!!!!
wow.
♥♥♥WOW♥♥♥!
(ok, i think i am speechless, which most of my family has been waiting for 45 years...it's a bit unhelpful for writing comments tho...)
YIKES! this is quite unbelievably, stunningly, amazingly FAB-u-LOUS! the stamps, the haiku, the trifold, the flowersoft... (which i've said mentally i'm NEVER doing cause of the mess-factor but WOW you make it look soooo flippin' cool!) ...just every single element of this adds up to EVEN MORE than the sum of its considerable parts.
...did i already say, "WOW!!!" ...??!
This is fabulous! Love how you have used the flower soft, it's very pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday.
Lora x
This is sooo pretty! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!
I love this card. I love Elisa's images - I'm hooked for sure. You managed to hit the nail on the head with those colours and the images are fabulous. Lynda
Post a Comment