This is what happens when you hang around with Vicky... you feel inspired to try something a bit different and a little bit challenging! I saw this beautiful card a few weeks ago on Vicky's blog and felt inspired to try and use the little girl from The Secret Crafters cute Rockability stamp on her own. This is the result...
This card took ages but was lots of fun and as you can see she swings across the card on a little silver split pin!
I had to do lots of masking to edit out her dance partner, and then stamp another arm for her!
This card took ages but was lots of fun and as you can see she swings across the card on a little silver split pin!
I had to do lots of masking to edit out her dance partner, and then stamp another arm for her!
The birdcage is from Hero Arts and I paper pieced the more solid parts of the cage to give it a little dimension, and then covered them in Diamond Glaze.I thought it could be cute to put a little hidden message under the cage for the recipient!
Thanks for all your kind messages about my new job. Telling my work friends was every bit as hard as I thought and there were lots of tears. Everyone was really kind and I think they were genuinely pleased for me.Happy crafting everyone!
18 comments:
oh my... what an amazing card Jo... I am super impressed. Such a lovely stamp
What a fun card, Jo! Love how you used the HA bird cage! So clever!
Morning Jo,
It's great to have you back, how was your hol's...are you nice and brown...
Woweeee, this is a brilliant card, glad you had a go at the girl on her own, her other arm looks perfect, I know you was wondering about that but you sorted it out no prob's...
What a cracking idea with the birdcage, you come up with some awesome idea's yourself, it looks so effective, a truly gorgeous make...I love it....
Hope to see you soon
x
Vicky
Wowzer! This is amazingly creative. I can't believe you made another arm. You are truly fabulous and oh so patient:)
awww.... this is too cute!! LOVE that you can swing the cage!! fabulous design, Jo! LOVE THIS!!! =)
Jo! Georgeous card and you did a faboulus job with the masking and creating a new arm. Love your birdcage image it makes an excellent pendant :-) Wishing you a wonderfull and creative week.
hug
Oh this card is SO MUCH fun!! I love that it swings. And isn't she just adorable in her green dress?!?
Deanne :)
So cute Dotty...Love this Fun card!!
This is soooo clever! I love the way she is sitting on the birdcage and how it swings! Your coloring is fabulous, too! Definitely a "WOW" card!
This is such a cute and fun card Jo, love how you have made the cage swing, fabulous!!
Cooool card Jo! Great job at stamping the girl on her own (and making an 'extra' arm!) Bonus Brownie points too for making the birdcage swing, what a wonderful fun idea!
Ooh, love this Jo! Great altering of the stamp image and how clever and cute to have her grace the bird cage, nicely done!
What an amazing job you did!!
Glad you are enjoying your new job by the way :o)
What a fantastic Card I love all the effort you put into this! Beth
ADORABLE!!! Love the swing part of the card.
Sweet {and oh, so clever} MADAME Dots!!! If I had not been caught up in a vortex of to-do list, and deadlines, I would have seen this adorable piece sooner and my world would have been SO much more of a happy place! Drats, to me for taking so long to get here! By the looks of things, you had a BALL creating this ultra fine piece! It's TRULY special, like YOU!
Wow this is fabulous. What a great idea to have the bird cage swinging. Love it! Hugs, Wendy x
WOwowowoow this is adorable and I love how she swings. Beautiful!
Post a Comment