Sunday, 22 August 2010

Be bold in the dreams you dream for yourself.

Well it's the big day tomorrow as we re-open the library!
I have to admit that I am getting a wee bit nervous, but I really can't wait to see the library full of customers. Wish me luck guys!

This week at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge the lovely Wendy has chosen a gorgeous colour combo of blue and cream for Challenge #97.
I started off thinking of making a Christmas card, but then changed my mind and went in search of a Gorjuss girl to colour.
This little beauty is called 'Untamed'. I just love her wild hair.
I've not really coloured black hair before so was very grateful for the tips that Wendy had given me a few weeks ago. I need LOTS of practice, but it's ok for a first attempt.
I distressed some cream Bazzils card with Antique Linen Distress Ink and then stamped HA Old French writing, Raindrop Background Design Block and a very old Papermania stamp to give depth and texture.

I also broke out my lovely new Crescendoh Ordinary Sparkling Sentiments clear stamp set.
I spotted this over at The Stamp Attic and knew I had to buy it because the sentiments were so sweet and I love the font that Christine Mason Miller has used.
This is a small 4x4 card so I left it pretty plain, apart from two sweet punched flowers and tiny pearl centres.

Finally, I want to thank my sweet mate Vicky for the cute 'Cherry on the Top award' that she left for me over on her blog.What a nice surprise, thank you so much Vicky and thanks for your friendship too... I am so lucky to know you!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and happy crafting everyone!

27 comments:

chris said...

Hi Jo this certainly is a gorgeous girl, love the way you have done it, its so perfect, hugs chris xx
enjoy your new look library,

Basslady said...

this card is so great!

wonderful powerful colouring and a very sweet image!

xoxo silvi (germany)

Victoria said...

oooh Jo thi sis just scrummy, love the simplicity of it and the sentiment is fab
Hugs
Victoria
x

Lisa Jane said...

fabulous take on the blue and cream colour combo, and wonderful sentiment
Lisa ;)

CinnamonSally said...

Your colouring is superb Jo, her hair looks amazing, Love the sentiment to.

Good Luck for tomorrow, I hope everything goes well at the library opening.
Sallyx

Joynana said...

Jo she is sooo cute. I don't have this one. Love the coloring and the sentiment. Would love to have both.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh she's lovely, and you've coloured her hair beautifully! I'm lovin that sentiment too!
Best of luck for tomorrow, I'm sure it will be busy with everyone coming in for a nosey!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Perfect colors, she is so sweet! Our local library, the one nearest to our house just had a major re-model and they were closed for a while...boy, once the grand re-opening came to debut, it was all worth the wait! Spectacular! The most modern and truly the most high-tech library I've ever seen! Love it! All the little kiddies do too!

donna mikasa said...

Such a sweet card, Jo! Love her hair and perfect sentiment! Good luck with the opening of the library! How exciting!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet card Jo.
luv
Debby

lauren bergold said...

HOLY MOLY! ok, i would have loved and admired this at ANY time...but yesterday i actually colored in something with markers and i have to tell you that it makes me EVEN MORE impressed/envious of your massive talent in that area b/c i am nottttttttttttttttt goooooooooood at that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you so, SOOOOO are!!!!!!!! i'm coming for lessons...leaving now...should be there by teatime...i will bring small cakes with sprinkles on them... :) :) :)


ps: good luck on the first day of the new library scenario!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥

Beebeebabs said...

You did a nice job tfs!!!

TracieB xx said...

Oooooh it's lurrrvely. You did fine with the colouring on the hair and I gotta go and have a look at the sentiment stamps, I likes em.

Didn't know you were at Perry Common library. That was my local when I was growing up lol.

Congrats on your award too.

Thank you for joining us over at SCS Challenge.

TracieB xx
SCSC DT Member

Alice said...

i love this, Jo! your colored her so beautifully! wow! hope all went well with the opening of the new library! =)

mrsk06 said...

Hey absolutley beautiful! Just thought i'd let you know that The Crafty Pad challenge #2 at the I Did It Forum is now well on the way and thought you'd might be interested to join in! Hugz x

Vicky said...

Absolutely fabulous Jo. Love the colour combo - so striking and a lovely sentiment, will be checking out the stamp addict for those.
:)x

Valentina Fussell said...

How exciting! I wish you the best! Love your adorable card too- what a perfect sentiment!

Anonymous said...

OMG Jo, this is gorgeous, I think that sentiment was made for this card, your image is coloured perfectly, great job with the hair...
Hope everythings going well at work, Wendys put a PC in the workshop for me so while I am there I can keep up with my blog buds as I have been finding it hard to catch up at home.

Thanks for entering this weeks challenge, good luck and take care
x
Vicky

Deirdre said...

Jo, best of luck tomorrow... will be thinking of you. ADORE your card - she is just gorgeous!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow...Fabulous coloring Jo! I love her hair....she is so sweet!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is so cute Dotty,I also love her tussled hair! I hope your Opening Day was a great day! Beth

Jill said...

Love that quote! And your coloring on her hair is brilliant!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Jo, love these colours together and the beautiful image and sentiment :) Donna x

Elise said...

*Gasp!* The hair INSTANTLY caught my attention - it is luxurious! Absolutely radiant! This is a WONDERFUL card {great sentiment!}, sweet Madame Dots! So great to see your talent SPARKLE like that darling girl's hair!

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful Jo. Love your coloring and the sentiment is right for this card.
Big Hug!

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Jo and I love your colouring and design. I think her hair is coloured perfectly and I also love the sentiment, I agree about the font. Chris :)

Monika Reeck said...

wonderful coloring too cute card Jo...how are you...see you again maybe on my Blog...hugs