Friday, 27 August 2010

In the words of Barry Manilow...

As Mr Manilow once said, or rather once sang, 'looks like we made it!'
We re-opened the library on Monday and people from the local community have flooded in!
Here are a few pics of the interior, taken just before we opened the doors on day one.
This is the adult library... love those comfy sofas and all that oak flooring. Here's the Children's Library with Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz keeping an eye on things!Yes, those are Superman's legs in the teenage area... and don't you just love those funky chairs!
This is the under fives room or 'The Rainbow Room' as it is known. It's a great place for families to chill out together and enjoy stories and fun.
The staff have worked incredibly hard to create such a beautiful library and are rightly proud of their achievements.
See you again soon with a card... happy crafting everyone and I hope you all have a great weekend!

23 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wow it looks fabulous
Lisa ;0

Victoria said...

wow - that's what I call a library, I think I'd have to sneak into the teenage section and get me comfy in one of those round chairs! How fabulous!

Hugs
Victoria
x

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, this is so, so nice Jo! Love it! The kids area looks spectacular, love the computers! And can I take home one of those red chairs with me, Chris would get such a huge kick out of that! Thanks so much for sharing!

chris said...

It looks amazing, and so comfy, I think I may have to pop round.
hugs chris xx

Artyjen said...

Would love to come to your library and chill for a while with a good book in one of those retro chairs :)
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,

The new library looks fantastic. Wish I had somewhere like this nearby - you'd find me in one of those funky red chairs for sure!

Don't work too hard and have really nice weekend.

Hugs,

Lily

Alice said...

congrats on the success of the reopening, Jo! so happy to see all your hard work have such wonderful outcome! this is a very beautiful library and i love the kids areas, so fun!! thanks for sharing!

Pajalu said...

Wow Jo you are so lucky to be working there :D. Em & I would be there in a flash if we lived closer, our library is soooooooooo boring in comparison xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Jo these pic's are great, your new library looks so inviting, hope all is well for you and your enjoying your new job, though judging by the pic's why wouldn'y you....
Take care and have a lovely weekend
x
Vicky

Abounding Treasures said...

Your new library looks SO inviting and wonderul ~ makes our little local one look even more in need of updating!!

Have a great weekend :o)

Elise said...

What a gorgeous and absolutely INSPIRING place for enrichment! I LOVE IT! And my I say that those retro/modern chairs look like some sort of sculpture installation - How COOL! Sounds like you are HOME, Madame Dots! Congratulations!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh, what a gorgeous library - the decor is amazing and I love all that natural light!
I used to work in a little office with only a skylight window, then we moved to a beautiful modern office with huge windows and a view over the Belfast hills ... took us weeks before we could settle to do any work!
Have a fab weekend Jo.

Linda Brun said...

Gorgeous Jo - love the colors and it looks like a great place for relaxing with a good book...Must be great working in environment like these...
Wishing you a wonderfull weekend

lauren bergold said...

made it, indeed! that is the most gorgeous library i think i have ever seen! we are smack between 2 very well-stocked and awesome libraries, actually...but they are not a patch on your designer decor that's for sure!!!!! WOW! awesome!!! congrats!!!

lauren bergold said...

ps: pipe down, barry! no singin' in the library!!!! :)

Julie said...

Looks fab, which my library was as swish.

Traceyr said...

What an achievement to open up the library. Well done! :)

Chris said...

Oh I wish our library looked like yours, it's amazing, lucky people and children who live in the area! Thanks for your comment today, I really appreciated it and it's great to find your lovely blog Jo. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Chris :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow!! Looks gorgeous!!!! So much learning can continue now!

Deanne :)

Rikke said...

Hi :)
how nice of you to write me on my blog.
I think I am sending you a card, I think you send to the person above you, I believe you are writing Pia. later on we get mails, with the exact info, so we will see :)
write me on Rikkens@hotmail.com instead if you want :)

Jinny Newlin said...

How exciting! That's, absolutely, wonderful! And congrats! Libraries are a soft spot for me. I worked in the children's library, in my hometown, while growing up. I'd LOVE to be a children's librarian, when my kiddos are grown, and I'm not super busy taking care of my family. Hey, thanks so much for the kind comment you left on my blog!

Jo said...

Hi Jo, what a fabulous library, a lot different to how I remember them!! Hope your new job is going well and you are enjoying it. Just having a catch up, your cards are fab as always. Take care Hugs Jo x

donna mikasa said...

Ooh, the library looks fabulous! I really love those funky cocoon chairs!