Saturday, 7 August 2010

Remember me?

I have done so little blogging recently that I almost feel like I need to reintroduce myself!

Big, BIG apologies that I haven't dropped by as much as usual, but I started my new job on Monday and have been really tired. I have been so tired that I haven't even crossed the threshold of my craft room, apart from looking for the cat or carrying in some laundry!

I thought I'd share a card that I made a few weeks ago for my dear friend Mo.
Once again I used that fab Rockability couple from the Secret Crafter. I really love this stamp and am going to have to hide it to stop myself using it all the time!
There's marvellous Mo in action heading up the table. This is my surprise tea party that Geoff, Karen and Mo threw for my last day in my old job. This lovely party seems such a long time ago and I can hardly believe that I was there only a week ago as I have been so busy at the new library. The refurbishment looks great. The staff have worked incredibly hard to get all the books on the shelves and to get ready for the opening which will take place in two weeks time.

So please forgive me if I don't post much over the next few weeks, I'll try and drop by at your blogs whenever I can.

Take care everyone, and happy crafting!

16 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

gorgeous card Jo and love the colouring.

Glad the new job is going well

Hugs Jane x

Lisa Jane said...

Lovely to see you back with such a fabulous card
Lisa ;)

chris said...

Hi Jo, well it was definitely worth stopping by for,its gorgeous. hugs chris

happy new job. xx

Anonymous said...

Hiya matey...
It's lovely to hear from you, hope it all calm's down at work soon for you...
It must be really exciting though, I bet you can't wait till it all open's....
It would have been lovely to see you today but I know you have lot's on your plate at the mo so no worries hun, you just take care and I will see you as soon as your settled...

I see you made your card with my fav paper pad...great choice, it's fabulous, I love the shading with the images, your really getting to grips with those pen's now pal....

Beautiful card!!!

You take care now...
Don't work too hard
See you soon
x
Vicky

Lynne in NI said...

Hi Jo, I was wondering where you'd got to! I'm sure the new job is hectic getting the library ready, but hopefully it will calm down after you open!
Beautiful card, that little rockabilly image is fabulous ... bet Mo loved it too!
x

lindyloo said...

Hello and great to see you back pheww you sound to have been busy what a super card I bet your friend loved it take care lindyloo x

Tyggereye said...

Glad you blogged! great card! missed ya!

Elise said...

Great to see a card from LOVELY you! Your exquisite coloring skills are alive and well and your mighty talent is brilliant! The BLOGLAND will wait for sweet lil' you! Congrats on the wonderful new job and OF course, we understand! It's important for YOU to know that the ebb and flow of this place is forgiving and unconditional {at least from MY end!} !!! Life just DOES that, sometimes... Meanwhile, you just take care of YOU, Madame Dots! Much love to you, my dear!!!

Dawn T said...

WOW Jo... sounds like a busy time for you... sometimes work unfortunately takes over crafting... glad you are well though and sounds like you are getting into the swing of the new job. Love this card. Cute image.

Alice said...

Hi Jo!! so happy to see you posting!! beautiful card, too!! love how you colored the cute image!!

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful card Jo. I'm so glad the new job is going well and it's very understandable that you are tired when the workday is over. I'll still be here when you busy crafting again, no worries.
Thank you for sharing the picture from the tea party.
Big Hug to you and wishing you a wonderful sunday.

Linda :-))

donna mikasa said...

I can see why it's one of your fave stamps--it's so cute! Love your card and I'm sure Mo did, too! Hope things slow down for you and you'll be back crafting again! Miss you!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Take your time Dotty we will be here when you are able to post! This card is darling I love that couple! Beth

Tiffany Ervin said...

Aw...Jo!! Always good to hear from you! Super cute card with the patterned paper! And BIG hugs to you - hoping you get lots of rest too! I know how hard it is to have a new job and all!! Hope all is well beyond that and that things will be easier for you soon...take care!

lauren bergold said...

oof! happy to hear all is well in the new job and presumably things will settle down once you've been there for a bit! in the meantime, i am totally diggin' this super-cute, super-fun card!!! ♥♥♥

Monika Reeck said...

sweet Images and great DP....Great CARD Jo..