Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Cute as a button

Hello everyone, long time no blog!
I worked all of last week and had to spend Sunday catching up on housework, so just couldn't fit any card making time into a packed schedule.

Today is different: the sky is blue, the sun is shining and I am having a day off.
No major housework, just a day of cardmaking and relaxing... heavenly!

I'm having a bit of a Gorjuss girl fad right now (oh, you'd guessed!). I want to practice my colouring techniques and find that Suzanne W's wonderful little girls virtually colour themselves.I picked a warm blue and red colour combo for Goth Girl , mainly because I wanted to use Cosmo Crickets lovely Material Girl papers. This is such a fabulous pad of retro papers and I love the vintage look of the colours and patterns. This is only the second easel card that I've made and I've got to admit that I struggled to remember how one went together until I re-found these great instructions.

It's easel card time over at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, and also at the ABC Challenge (E is for Easel), so thanks for the inspiration girls!

I'm now off to make cards while the sun shines... happy crafting everyone!

21 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi there, love your Gorguss girl, your colouring is superb! Wow, lucky you, a day for crafting, hope you have lots of fun:0) xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful easel card

Love you colouring Jo

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Gez Butterworth said...

Absolutely gorjuss Jo. :) Great choice of colours & FAB colouring. Enjoy the rest of your day. Thanks for stopping by.. I only called this morning & wondered how you were.. lovely to call again to see your card. :)Hugs, Gez.xx

chris said...

It certainly is as cute as a button , love the papers you have used too .
hugs chris xx

Tiffany Ervin said...

She is so super sweet and I love the innocent look on her face, just precious! I love shaped and interactive cards too, need to make more of them!

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi jo, thanks for popping by and your lovely comments, I am a gorjuss fan too and you have coloured her wonderfully great easel card I do love them have a great day and evening off ju x

Amy said...

Your coloring is fabulous, she looks gorjuss! :)
I love the color scheme, so warm and cozy and the touch of lace is very nice! Awesome card!

MissyB said...

Hi,

Fab easel card, love the colours and thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog.

missyb x

Dawn T said...

Jo - I love this one. Your colouring is so cool... her hair looks awesome. Love the paper you used as well. Looks perfect together

debby4000 said...

Adorable, cute card.
luv
Debby

Linda Brun said...

Jo, so nice to see you're crafting again.. :-))Love your coloring of Goth girl and really nice work with the easel card..
Hugs

Deirdre said...

Oh wow, just fab, love it.

Alice said...

very sweet easel card, Jo! love it!

Tyggereye said...

Ooh an easel card! I've never made one of these before. So cute. I love the lace on it. Adorable!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh I hope your little piece of heaven is the best! This card is too cute love the easel style! Beth

Pajalu said...

Jo your card is amazing! I love the colours & the way you have done her. Thank you for the wonderful comments you left for me. I hope to be seeing more you from now on ;D xoxoxoxo

joanne wardle said...

wonderful uncluttered easel card. love it, and your colouring is so beautiful

Julie said...

Your colouring techniques seem perfect to me. Lovely card

Distressed Miss said...

Gorjuss card. I love your colouring. Thanks for joining us at ABC.
Hugs
Clare
x

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is sooo pretty. Your coloring is just DIVINE!

Anonymous said...

beautiful colouring