Monday, 28 February 2011

Happy, happy...

After a super busy weekend it's been a treat today to do the Supermarket run and then settle down for some crafting!

I coloured this sweet little image by Claire Keay a few days ago. However, my mojo needed the kick start of this lovely sketch from Stamp with fun before I could get creating. The papers are a bit of a first for me as they are digital papers from Pink Petticoat. The pink paper looked a little washed out when I printed it, but this turned out to be perfect in combination with Spun Sugar Distress ink and the Raindrops background stamp from Hero Arts. I have to say that I am really pleased with the effect.
I may have got a bit OTT with the bling, but I wanted the end result to be a really cheery card with plenty to look at!
The inside of the card simply says 'happy... birthday' to follow on from the tag on the front.
I've also spent the day enjoying the new album by Beady Eye . For anyone who doesn't know them Beady Eye are essentially the Oasis boys minus Noel, who left the group just over a year ago. I didn't really know what to expect but the album is great and I can't wait to see them in concert in April.
This card is for the following challenges:


Hope your Monday wasn't too Monday-ish!

Happy crafting everyone.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my DARLING friend! I'm HAPPY, HAPPY to see YOU, you, you with your CRAFT ONNNNNN! Gosh, that is a darling image! THEN, your expert color work: *swoooooooooon!* I love your work, SO very much! Glad you are getting some quality craft time, friend! xoxoxo!

Lisa Jane said...

funcard - love the papers
Lisa ;)

Vicky said...

So pretty Jo and such a cheery image too! Great dp's and lovely layout too :o)

hugs Vicky xx

Emma Williams said...

An adorable "happy, happy" card...beautiful colour combination your colouring is as lovely, as always!
Enjoy the Beady Eye album and very envious that you'll get to see them in April... ;)
Love Emma xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is really gorgeous, loving your colours, biggest of hugs Pops x x

Pajalu said...

Hi Jo, What a gorgeous card!!! I love everything about it. I am glad to see you still posting :D. Good luck with the challenges xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Alice said...

beautiful coloring on the image and such a sweet card, Jo! fabulous work!

candi said...

I LOVE this image! And your coloring & papers are perfect with it! Very cheery!

Dawn T said...

Super cute Jo... Such a pretty image. Love all the bling

Amber said...

Love this card! Great colors and it's so cheery!

G Peplow said...

Hello there Jo, gorgeous card, sorry, I'm just trying to catch up have been out of action for a while, back now:0) Glad to hear you're enjoying the music, I'm off to check it out! :0) xxx

pickle said...

Oh this is too cute !! I love it!
Kerry x

chris said...

Hi Jo, this is just so full of cuteness, its gorgeous.thanks for your kind words. hugs chris xx

Jane said...

Adorable!!!

Esther said...

Hi - thanks for your lovely comment and for joining my followers...I have returned the compliment! Love this card - so very cheery and blingy!! Esther xx

CraftyC said...

Its a beautiful card and so colourful. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairex

CraftyC said...

Its a beautiful card, Thanks for taking part in this weeks Sweet Stampin Challenge!!
Clairexx

Jess said...

Awesome colouring!! Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Lorraine said...

this is so beautiful thankyou for joining us at sweet stampin this week and good luck huni xx

Andrea said...

A wonderful card - love the image and the color!
Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun!
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jo, what a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge over at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very colorful and so fun Jo! Love the mix of lavender and pink!

Traceyr said...

This is indeed a lovely image and great what you have done with it. :)