Saturday, 19 February 2011

Mae... in February!

It's grey and drizzly here today so what better time to share a little reminder of Summer in the shape of this sweet digi!
Digital Mae, and her flowery friends, called 'buy me now' when I spotted her over at the Someoddgirl shop. I've been having a few problems with my printer so had to ask my Dad if I could use his computer to print her (plus a few other digi friends). Thanks Dad!

I couldn't resist colouring those cute flowers as sun flowers... and I just had to add some little black pupils to the eyes. The paper is from Basic Grey and that super sunshine cardstock is from Stampin' Up!
I printed the sentiment on my PC, added some ribbons and plenty of bling and then did a silly little happy dance at the result. I wanted bright and cheery and bright and cheery was what I got!
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Papertake weekly Challenge - Putting on the Glitz
Creative Card Crew - Friendship
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Use a Die Cut
Cute Card Thursday - Shiny Happy Cards
Stamp Something - Something Funky
Crazy 4 Challenges - Using Die Cuts

Hope you all have a great weekend!

33 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi there Jo, yes! totally bright and cheery, love it:0) xxx

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

What a great expression she has. Looks like she needs a break, awww

Love how you've coloured her, Jo. All happy colours. Makes up for the rotten weather outdoors.

Donna said...

Fab card Jo, such lovely fresh colours and the sun and cloud are so cute :) Donna x

Vicky said...

Jo she is adorable and such a pretty card hun ~ wish the weather was as cheery as your gorgeous image :o)

hugs Vicky xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, have a great weekend hugs pops x x x

Deirdre said...

Gorgeous.

Clare said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous! The coloring is AHMAZING, as is the design!

paulssandy said...

What a pretty card. Love the Odd Girl images you used. Mae is my favorite. Thank you for joining us this week at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

Amy said...

This is such a happy card! Love mr. sunshine and mama & baby clouds and of course, Mae with all her sunflowers! Just the kind of card we all need to remind us nicer weather is coming! :)

Curly said...

Wow stunning card, and beautifully coloured,

have a great weekend,
take care,
hugs Bridget :) x

CinnamonSally said...

What a cute card Jo and your colouring is fabulous. Have a great weekend.
Sallyx

Anonymous said...

Oh Jo this is totally gorgeous...I love the design, the image is so pretty. I love the sweet sunflowers and the sun shining....

Lot's of work gone into this hun...
Love it!!!
x
Vicky

Fleur said...

A great card, your colouring is great & such a cute image
Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Sara said...

Lovely card, such bright fresh colours, love the little eyes on the sunflowers, hugs Sara x

Lou said...

Hi! this is so lovely Jo,what a sweetie she is and such a happy card :)
hugs Lou.xx

Lynne in NI said...

hee hee, not surprised you couldn't resist her Jo! Its a wonderfully happy card, love the little faces on the sunflowers and the clouds too! Hope you're having a fab weekend and that work's going OK
Hugs
Lynne
(oh, and thanks for the info on storing my promarkers!)

Sheila said...

Jo this is just adorable!, thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving me your lovely comment :-).
Have a fab weekend.
Hugs
Sheila xxx

Debbie said...

Oh Jo this is adorable. I am not always a fan of the someodd girl images, but this one is so lovely, would love this one, and you have coloured it brialliantly especially the gorgeous sunflowers. Debbiexx

Dawn T said...

No wonder you did a silly little dance Jo... it is just so cute and fun.

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Jo. Such a colourful one!!
Clairexx

Sallyh said...

She is so cute :) I've not seen their images before. Lovely summery happy card.

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous summery card...that can't help but make you smile!! Beautiful! :)
Good luck in all the challenges and hope you're having a good weekend...
Hugs Emma
xxx

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I am now a follower of yours. I love your work! I havbe never used ProMarkers, just the Copics.

Pajalu said...

Jo Mae is gorgeous! I love the way you have coloured her. Your card is a stunner! Love the new look of your blog as well xoxoxoxoxo

Agnieszka M said...

wow, your card is sooo cute!
Thanks for joining us at CCC this friendship challenge and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Tiffany Ervin said...

So very cute Jo! Love the fun and bright splash of colors! Love how everyone is making spring/summer cards despite the cold weather still, makes our hearts happy, doesn't it?

Elise said...

BRIGHT & CHEERY = CHECK! CHECK! CHECK! This card has DEFINITELY added a LOT of sunshine to MY day: THANK YOU, Madame Dots! You're LOVELY! Your color skills - couldn't be any more EXCITING and precise! YOWZA! Thanks for sharing that sparkle from WAY over thar... where YOU are... all the way here *Swoon!* You are a LOVE!

Jenny said...

Hi Jo
What a lovely cheerful card for this time of year! I am waiting for a burst of daffodils in my garden to get me in the mood for spring!
Hugs,

Jenny

Jill said...

beautiful car Jo love the image and the lovely bright colours thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a great trio of SOG digis! This is such a fun & happy card DJ, have a great rest of the week!

Liz McGuire, said...

Great card, love that the clouds have faces!

Liz x

Alice said...

so bright and cheery, Jo!!! love this delightful card and the colors you used are just sweet! fabulous design, too! super card!

Debbie Stip said...

What a happy card, really makes me smile!
xxDebbie