Tuesday, 1 November 2011

The same, but different!

Isn't it funny how you can make a card and be quite pleased with it, but before you send it you decide it needs a little 'tweak'?
That's what happened with this card:

I liked it, but the black sentiment looked too heavy... so I changed things to this:
and I think it looks much better for that subtle mini-makeover!

I hope this card has reached it's Blogland recipient by now and she's as happy to receive it as sweet 'Love Letter Kaylee'.

Challenges:
Tip Top Tuesday - Make your own backgrounds
The Pink Elephant TPE123 - Distressing

TTFN, happy crafting everyone.

29 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

What a wonderful card to receive in the mail. Your card looked great before but the extra black CS really balances it out nicely. :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
And remember, if you have a TIP you’d like to share with us crafters, just write it up in your post and then add TIP by your entry name and you’re eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well.
Lisa xx

G Peplow said...

Even more perfick now LOL Love it, clever you, Gay xxx

Larisa said...

This is so sweet my dear!! Love the colors and the sweet image!!

Wishcraft said...

It looked fab before and it's just perfect now :o) Lisa x

Vicky said...

Ooh very pretty hun....so love the gorgeous colours and cute image...

big hugs Vicky xx

Lynne in NI said...

YES it has reached its destination, and YES I do LOVE it! Thanks so much Jo, how did you know I was having a rubbish day at work?... your wee package cheered me up no end!
Lynne
xx

Amy said...

Super cute card, loved it before but that black mat does pull it all together and makes her pop a bit more! Fabulous work! :)

June Nelson said...

Make over or not I still think its lovely x

Dawn T said...

yes the added black background certainly made a difference. It is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Fab card I too love the extra tweak! I quite often find myself tweaking after I take the photograph,, all the same love your card,, Great background and lovely to have you playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this week, hugs Samantha :0)

coops said...

stunning card jo.i love the fun image and fantastic striking colours ;D

xx coops xx

Leanne said...

Really pretty card and love your background!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!  Don't forget you can enter up to 3 different projects per challenge, and if you share a tip on your blog add Tip after your name on Linky for a chance to win the Tippers prize! Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Alice said...

such a sweet image for holiday cards! love these, Jo!

Shelby said...

I think both of them look fantastic! The black framing definitely balances out the black sentiment, but either one works perfectly. Great job

Shelby

Maggie's Crafts said...

Simply stunning!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday in Make Your Own Background challenge this week. :)

Maggie
x

Tiffany Ervin said...

Ooh, I really love the super bright and fun colors on this card, such a great image!! Love the little envie with the heart!

Shelby Goolsby said...

What a cute and fun card!! I love the bright cheery colors.

Pop's Cards said...

This is really beautiful x

Liz McGuire, said...

Love it, love it. Bright and beautiful,

Liz x

Emma Williams said...

Fab~u~lous!! Love everything about this bright, cheerful card! :)
Love Emma xx

alexandra s.m. said...

Adorable card!
TFS~

Anonymous said...

Hi stranger, bet you thought I had dropped off the planet...lol How are you, just been catching up and learned that you have to go to hospital....Hope your all better now chick.

A your cards lovely Hun, as are all your creations

hope your better
X
Vicky

Deneen said...

What a cheerful card! Great colouring, I love the stitching and the background too:) Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

Ali Manning said...

I love those fun, bright colors - awesome card :)

Pajalu said...

Jo what a wonderful card. It's so bright & cheery, just gorgeous xoxoxoxo

Beth aka BR-T said...

Your creations always make me smile and this is no exception!
Have the best weekend ever!
PS I love the added black layer.

Joy said...

this is fabulous, thank you for playing with The Pink Elephant's Distressing Challenge! JOY DT

Unknown said...

Love it, and I think the back layer you added really makes it "pop".
Hugs
Caz
x

Linda Brun said...

She is cute and I love the vibrant colors. And yes I agreee on your design change. It did make a different.