Friday, 3 February 2012

Less is More!

Hello everyone, another bright but chilly day here in Birmingham, UK.
Here is my first card for a Less is More Challenge.
The ladies are celebrating their 1st birthday so I thought I'd join the celebrations and play along.
This card took me five attempts, yes FIVE, to get it nearly right. CAS cards are so unforgiving.
I take my hat off to all you CAS Divas who turn out perfection each and every time!
I'd had this card in my head for about two or three weeks but hadn't quite settled on the final format. Seeing this LIS sketch brought everything together for me!
I used Hampton Arts shadow block 'It's a square' for the blocks of colour and the inchies are from Inkadinkadoo's 'Special Thoughts' Clear stamp set.I used my trusty Hougie board for the scoring. It may look like a kiddies toy but it's great to use.
I feel a bit shy about entering this card for the Less is more Challenge as some of the entries are fabulous but I guess you've gotta start somewhere!

Anyhooo. I'm a very busy bee today so I must buzzzzzz.

Happy crafting everyone, it's nearly the weekend!

47 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I really love your take on the LIM sketch. love those images and the colors you've used for the backgrounds. The scoring sets it off beautifully!

Chrissie said...

I'm so glad you started with us Dotty Jo. This is a lovely card... you're right about CAS being unforgiving... but you'll gain confidence each week!
Super job!
Thanks so much for joining us and we'll look forward to seeing you again next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Hlora said...

Super cute card!

CinnamonSally said...

This is a fabulous CAS card Jo and perfect for the challenge. Have a great weekend.
Sallyx

DesignerDiva said...

You shouldn't feel shy about this card Jo its equally as stunning as any other entered into the LIM challenge. Fabulous Hunny!
My heart sinks when out DT have a LIM challenge - I find them so difficult too!
Hugs Laurie x

Maria Sabina R said...

simply beautiful

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, lovely to see you here at 'LIM' wonderful card don't be so hard on your self, your card's just brilliant for this challenge, hugs Gay xxx

Helen T said...

What a lovely card. I do know what you mean about looking at other cards that have been submitted. I have been taking part for the last couple of months and you WILL gain confidence, I know that I have. Happy Crafting :)

Vicky said...

Fabulous card Jo - love it! :)xx

Vicky said...

This is wonderful Jo..

big hugs Vicky xx

Paula Whittaker said...

looks good to me missus!

Emma Williams said...

A wonderful card, Jo...absolutely perfect! xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh its fab.. i love the little inchies
Lisa x

Sally H said...

A beautiful card, Jo. I have been doing CAS for a while now and I rarely manage a decent first attempt! Mine took me three goes this week!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohh this is so pretty Jo, love your different coloured panels. FAB job with your CAS card ... one-layered cards are definately the most difficult! Hope you have a great weekend and don't get too much snow ... its pouring with rain here, so it looks like we're gonna escape it!
Lynne :)

coops said...

stunning card jo.fab cas design :D

xx coops xx

Dawn said...

It's a lovely card. I like the colours you've used, and it's very neat, I'm not good with neat!

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation
Hugs Kate xx

Alice said...

beautiful simple card, Jo! love it! hope you have a wonderful weekend! =)

Suzilou said...

How have I managed to miss a Birmingham gal! Not found many of us out there in blog land. Love your card and fab images and isn't that last block of colour aqua hehe. Look forward to seeing your creation this week.

Had great fun in the snow yesterday, managed to get one car stuck trying to pick my son up from a party! Had to walk home and get the other car, at least it's melting now hopefully it will all be gone for work Monday :)

froebelsternchen said...

oh wow.. I browsed your blog and have to leave a comment :
Gorgeous art here around!

want to follow you and come often in future!

xxx froebelsternchen

Dolly Daydreams said...

Looks good to me too ! CAS is really difficult even if it looks easy it took me ages top pluck up courage to enter mine but now I love it. Love those three little images and the great colours you chose.

Marie

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous sweetie, fabulous colours too, big hugs love Pops x

Virginia L. said...

Love this clever design! Just beautiful with the images and colors!

Dawn T said...

Well done Jo. Great CAS card

June Nelson said...

This is lovely less is more works!! thanks so much for popping bymy blog too Ir eally appreciate it xxxxx

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, Thanks for dropping in and leaving a kind comment, I'm fine thanks hope that you have a great week too, Gay xxx

Tiffany Ervin said...

Lovely CAS style card, Jo! Love all that white space! Hope you are well, my friend!

Jules said...

Hi Jo

I think this looks great .. .. CAS cards are quite a big leap aren't they. You would think they would be easier but I don't think they are.

This one is lovely and I love the colours you have stamped your images with.

Love Jules xx

Franz♥ said...

Wow Jo! Clean, simple and fantastic!

Hugs from italy, Franz.

Mina said...

I know exactly what you mean about cas being unforgiving but your is stunning...I love the stamps Jo and the colours you picked for them really makes them pop off the page
Mina xxx

Mandy said...

Fabulous CAS card,love the colours you've used....
Mandy x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous. I don't know what it is about less is more cards but they certainly aren't quick!
luv
Debby

xxxtglxxx said...

I find CAS cards just too difficult and end up with more than 5 attempts in the bin!! :) lol.

I had to make one for tomorrows DT card and I think I counted 10 stamped and rejected images/cards!

This is brilliant though - great imagery and a lovely colours. Very stylish card hun! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Wishcraft said...

This is lovely Jo - a fabulous CAS card :o) Great colours and love how you used the sketch. Lisa x

Jingle said...

This is great1 I just got that stamp set with those inchie squares last week! I found it for $2 and couldn't pass that up!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful! Lovely stamping. Kim

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is so cool, and what a great take on the challenge sketch! Love it!
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day, hugs, Karin

Amy said...

This is beautiful Jo! Love the color combo you used on the inchies and how you've embossed the panel! The three word sentiment is very cool going with the three image blocks, fabulous card!

G Peplow said...

I've e mailed you Jo, xxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous CAS Design Jo, love teh embossed lines and fab colours you've combined :) Donna ♥ x

Shelby said...

This is a fantastic CAS card! I think CAS is so hard to do well, and you've definitely done it well

Shelby

Gio said...

Love your card, very simple and lovely!

G Peplow said...

HI Jo, I'm making a big wish here, I hope you have time to get crafty soon LOL Gay xxx

Ali Manning said...

This is a gorgeous CAS card - the layout is fabulous!

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful card Jo and love the three colors together. Hope you have a sunny and great sunday.
Hugs

Lynne in NI said...

Hey Jo, haven't seen you around for a while so just popping over to say hello - hope everything's OK with you. Hugs Lynne x