Saturday, 21 April 2012

Sweet simplicity

As you can see I'm still keeping it clean and simple... and am surprised by how much I am loving it!





I spent a few hours last weekend stamping several variations on the same basic idea. I wanted to make some cards to sell or give as gifts. Keeping to a very basic design helped me create a large quantity of cards very quickly.
I used my Cuttlebug to make a template and then used different shades of Distress Ink for the circle effect. I used the Penny Black's 'Hello Gorgeous' and stamped the background with some of the smaller stamps from the set, while the template was still in place. Finally, I stamped the main image in Versafine, removed the template and added the sentiment. I added some scoring for balance and interest.
I'll be back throughout the week to share some of the other cards that I made in this batch. Happy crafting everyone, and I hope you all have a relaxing and fun weekend.

13 comments:

Sheila said...

These are so elegant and perfect, Sheila:)X

Anneke said...

Simple but o so beautiful! Very inspiring too!

CinnamonSally said...

Love these CAS cards Jo, the Penny Black images are perfect highlighted in this way!

Vicky said...

They are both so gorgeous hun..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Elise said...

BEAUTIFUL, Madame DOTS! Great to SEE your breath taking work, dear gal! LOVE these! From the MOST horrible commenter of them all, I have to say, it's wonderful to see you "stretching your crafty legs, so to speak! Bravo!

Wishcraft said...

They look fab Jo, gorgeous cards :o) Hugs, Lisa x

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, Great CAS cards, loving the stamp images too:0) Have a good week my friend, Gay x

Tracy said...

Your CAS looks amazing to me. Sounds like you've got your process down pat. :-) Lovely cards. Hugs!

Alice said...

wow! these are beautiful, Jo! really like your backgrounds. fabulous work as always! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Pajalu said...

Hi Jo, I am loving your cards. They are wonderful. You are inspiring me to get creative again. Thank you xoxoxo

Dawn T said...

such pretty CAS cards Jo. They look rather elegant like this, can't wait to see the rest

Maria Sabina R said...

simply beautiful !!!!! welcome back home!

Victoria said...

oooh these are gorgeous Jo. Love the variations on the same style.
Good luck in the race for life!
Love
Victoria
x