Sunday, 24 February 2013

Paper piercing with an element of guilt...


It's a paper piercing challenge at LIM this week. I haven't used paper piercing on my cards for ages so thought this would be a nice opportunity to revisit this technique. I found my piercing tool but couldn't remember what I used to put under the card to pierce into. Then I had a light bulb moment, and this is where the element of guilt comes in: I turned over hubby's mouse mat and found a little row of holes! You may want keep this to yourselves girls, but mouse mats make great piercing mats.

I'm up to date with all my housework and have written three assignments this week so today I'm planning lots of card making. Because, as they say in the advert 'I'm worth it!'

Happy crafting everyone!

24 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

Loving the way youre using these Art Journey stamps...makes me want to go and find mine and have a play.

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Jo
sounds like you have had a busy week, not much of a half term with three assignments!! I love the design of your card, such a pretty pink strip with bold focal image.
Back to school on Monday and I feel I have wasted my week, doh, why do I always get my colds in the holidays!!!

Loli said...

Hola Dotty, gorgeous stamp and beautiful card, fantastic background.
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

Debbie said...

Lovely card Jo, promise I won;t tell about the mousemat!
Debbiex

Sarn said...

LOVE this card. I'll keep schtum about the mouse mat! x

Fiona said...

Gorgeous image and delicate butterflies.
As for using mouse mats for piercing, I didn't know there was anything else!

Connie said...

Your cards are so elegant. I love how you use the white space. Very pretty. I am still laughing about Freud's first slip, LOL.
I am your newest follower, and would love to invite you over to follow me back . . . I am currently having a Give-Away and today is the last day to get your name in :)
I'm looking forward to getting to know you better through blogging.
Follower # 211, Connie :)

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Jo, this technique looks amazing.

Donna x

coops said...

love this jo.really stunning image and design :D

xx coops xx

Chrissie said...

This looks super Jo! Great design
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less us More"

Dawn T said...

Enjoy your "YOU" time Jo. You ARE worth it!!! This is a beautiful card. Love the piercing. I use a mouse pad too... bought a cheapie for just that reason. And a push pin makes a great poker too!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

This is so so beautiful Jo ! The stamped image is really sweet... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Karin said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful color and lovely stamp you used!

Jen Nelson said...

great card jo... love the sentiment

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Mrs Harry said...

Another lovely card Jo. I too have had that Ah moment, at least mine was with my own mouse mat! I also have various leftover pieces of funky foam that I use too.

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Jo!
And as for the mouse mat ... what he doesn't know won't hurt him ;)

Paula Knall said...

Lovely card, the pink and black is really striking. xx

Claudia said...

Hi Dotty, what a great take on the challenge at LIM. Love the colours, the swirls, the stamp, just all of it.

Thanks also for your so lovely comment on my blog. I wish you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs Claudia

Anne said...

This is sooo pretty, love the little butterflies you addded

G Peplow said...

Hello there Jo, Beautiful card, such a cutie baby and I love the colours and masking:0) Great design too!! Hugs Gay xx

laurie said...

Such a pretty card! I love pink. Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog.

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this, it is as cute as can be.