Hi Blogsters, I finally manged to hit the craft room this morning and what a happy time it's been!
I'm sorry to have been away for so long, but thankfully my Level 3 Teaching Assistant course is completed and I am told my certificate should be arriving later this month.
I wasn't expecting to create this card when I sat down at my work desk, as I was planning something very CAS. However, this is what I ended up with!
I used C1 - 238 from Crafty Individuals for the centre panel and coloured with Promarkers. Then I went to town with Distress Ink (Antique Linen) as I wanted to achieve a look that hinted at old photographs. I cut out the individual pictures, distressed them and then mounted them on a freshly stamped panel, which I had embossed in gold and distressed with Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen. The pink card 'frame' was again distressed to deepen the colour and then stamped with Ranunculus SSC1082 from Stampendous. I mounted the frame onto some yummy chocolaty brown card from Stampin' Up! For some reason the camera has picked out the deep pink accents on each picture and made them look really obvious and clumsy. In reality they don't look as bold or vibrant.
I thought I'd also share this funny little Gnome card for my Hubby's birthday at the end of June. Don't you just love this little guy from Paper Smoochies???
Happy crafting everyone!



11 comments:
Simply lovely cards Jo, they are both great, vintage and rich on your first and your hubby's card is loads of fun! Congrats on your exam success!! Now a well earned lovely long holiday, enjoy, hugs Gay x
Hi Jo! Congrats on passing your course--so happy for you! Your card is lovely and shares the feelings you have on your accomplishment. And your hubby's card is just adorable! Love those glittery clouds! Hugs!
Yay...nice to see you back - what 2 fab cards and yes, I love that gnome, he's a corker.
Congrats on completing your Level 3 Teaching Assistant course.
Hey Jo, congrats on getting your Level 3 ... well worth all your hard work!
I see your creativeness hasn't suffered in your absence, these are both fab! I have that little gnome dude and find him so hard to use, but I'm LOVIN your little guy, might have to CASE!!
Good to see you back, enjoy your summer!!
Lynne x
Great cards, Jerome is one of my favourite Paper Smoochie stamps.
You have achieved the antique look with your first card - love the colours.
Well done on the NVQ level 3 (I've done it so know that it is an ordeal) congratulations.
:)
gorgeous cards Jo. Well done on your study. Nice to know it was a success... worth the work.
Your cards are exquisite Jo ! I must say my fav is the first one : the colours and images are gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
The images on your first card are so beautiful. Wonderful collage style using them and the gnome, hee hee, too cute! Glad to see some projects from you. Congrats on your certificate!
Stunning Cards, I love the Gnome fabulous play on words, and the vintage ladies is one very stunning card
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs Bridget :) x
Stunning images on your first card-and that little Gnome is just fabby!
Congratulations on passing your exam and thank you very much for stopping by my little Blog to say hello-I appreciate it :)
Have a lovely day.
Bbest wishes,Nessa xx
Gorgeous cards both Jo. The fun card is sure to bring a smile to his face and your fist card looks so rich and beautiful. Congratulations on finishing your course. Hope the certificate arrives soon!!
Post a Comment