Thursday, 15 August 2013

The following post contains scenes of housework which some of you may find distressing...

Seriously, there's been too much of this...

 
and this
 
 
and this


...and not enough of this over the last few days!


I decided to put things right and have been having a lovely play with a new stamp (well, new to me) and some pretty papers bought from a lovely craft shop in Cradley, near Dudley.


I saw this pretty dress stamp ages ago, but could never find it for sale anywhere. When the lovely Chrissie shared this gorgeous card on her blog I contacted her for the details... and the rest, as they say, is history! If you're wondering, the stamp is from Inkadinkadoo and the sentiments are from two different sets by Papertrey Ink.

Once again I'm preparing for a charity card sale so will make a few of this design, but in different colours. I'm never quite sure about how to price my own cards so if anyone has any thoughts on this subject I'd be grateful to hear them.



Happy crafting everyone!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah ah ah ! The title of your post made me laugh Jo !!!
Love your card ! The paper piecing looks fantastic and what a great image ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Lynne in NI said...

Nope don't recognise any of the scenes from your first pics (I'd take a pic of my ironing basket except my Mum would see it hahaha)
Gorgeous card, I can see why you were lusting over that stamp!

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, this is my all-time favourite (and very-well-used) stamp!! Enjoy using it!

Tracy said...

That stamp is simply a classic. Glad you got to ink it up cause your card is wonderful. Hugs!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Jo... the card that is...NOT the housework!!!! I have a similar Inkadinkado stamp and haven't used it in the longest time! Must pull it out and give it some love!

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Beautiful card Jo, love that stamp.
Chris x

Julie said...

Lol, great card and a far better use of time imo

coops said...

so stunning Jo.really gorgeous stamp and i love the hot pink colour :D

xx coops xx

Beverley said...

I did wonder what I had stumbled upon and was quite distressed at first and totally sympathise with you. I am at ease now after seeing your fabulously pink creation, just beautiful. Hugs Bev x

Karin said...

gorgeous card, love the color!
Have a great weekend! Groetjes Karin

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, I know what you mean about HWK I think I may just have an allergy! LOL Gorgeous card, what a lovely dress! I can't help with the cost of cards, I only sell to mine friends and family, you can guess that'll be just pennies :D
Enjoy your crafty time my friend, hugs Gay x

Jenni's Jems said...

Your house looks amazingly tidy so think you more than deserve to have a wee play and just loooove that dotty dress!! x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jo I really do not like the first of your pictures they remind me too much of all the things that I have to get on with around the house, lol, the picture of your card is absolutely gorgeous love both the image, colour and the sentiments.
hugs
lorraine x

Viv said...

What a fabulous stamp and card Jo,loving the pink too.I have been doing a lot of h*******k too so can sympathize.Sorry I am late commenting again:) Viv xx

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful card and love the idea of making cards for charity. I would think people would pay both for a good crafted and designed card ( and yours are the best that I know) but also give some extra because it is for charity. Hugs

Donna said...

Beautiful card Jo, love the way you have accented the dress with the pink polka dots and the image is gorgeous. Hope you had a fab hols :) Donna ♥ x