The Less is More Challenge for Week 173 is 'die-cut'. Seriously, how did we all manage before dies and die-cutting machines arrived on the scene? Although I never mind a bit of fussy cutting I do love feeding a die through my Cuttlebug and marveling at the crisp professional result that miraculously appears.
For this super simple card I coloured some off-cuts of watercolour paper with three different Distress Inks, smooshed with Glimmer mist and cut with a Spellbinders heart die. Using another scrap of card I cut three heart shaped 'holes'. I stamped and scored, inserted the heart shapes and then added this to a 5 x 5 card. Soooooooo easy.
I'm disappointed that this card hasn't photographed well as it looks really pretty and sparkly IRL.
I'm contemplating a possible second version of this card in kraft with star cut outs and pattern paper inserts. Might make a good masculine option methinks.
And now I feel the need to do a bit more relaxing... I'm so lazy!
Happy crafting everyone!


26 comments:
Beautiful sentiment and style plus love your coloured die-cut hearts.
Just perfect
Thanks for taking part.
Sarah
Less is More
Super card and love your colour choices
Kathyk
Fab sentiment and colours, a really lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Lovely hearts colored dear Jo and sweet sentiment too and I love the line on your white cardstock..beautifully done...hugs from Munich...Monika
Love it! Your sparkly hearts are so pretty and the embossing is a great addition to the design. Hugs!
Oh I love this card, Jo! Great design & it would work with lots of shapes & colors!
very pretty. Love the hearts and the embossed lines are lovely.
So simple but stylish and effective :-)
Such a stylish card Jo ! Love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
OH how I love half term too!!! Although I wish the weather was better! Love your pretty card Jo, enjoy the rest of your week. We are away for the weekend, I really hope the sun shines for us!
lovely card, love the sentiment and the colored hearts!
Groetjes Karin
I'm with you holidays are the best, school holidays are even better :D You made a brilliant card, I love the sound of it in kraft with cutouts too, Yay clever lady!!
Thanks for your commiserations, I didn't say 'drat' I must admit but that's as far as I'm going on this one :D Enjoy your well earned rest Hugs Gay x
What a stylish card Jo, love the idea of it in stars too!
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer
Super card Jo. Love your vibrant colours and the sentiment is lovely.
Lynne xxx
Great inky effects on those die-cuts Jo!
I love my Cuttlebug too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
What a great card - I love the colours. Helen T (No 123)
Dotty, love this CAS card!!!!
Ahhh, now that sounds like a lovely relaxing day! Not long now 'til summer break for you, I can't believe tomorrow is already June!
Fab card, love how you used your pretty die cuts :)
Half term has been nice here too. Fab card, I love the pops of colour from the hearts xx
Wow Jo This is beautiful, i love the tie die effect on the hearts it really gives them dimension,
Have a lovely Sunday
Kind regards and crafty hugs Bridget :) xx
Stunning card Jo, love the splash of colour on the hearts against the white background :) Donna ♥ x
Love the use of colour Jo. Totally with you about half term, I'm counting down until summer! Rebecca x
This is just awesome Jo! I love the bright colours and the inlaid hearts! :)
Lizy xx
This is fabulous sweetie I love the hearts, think they look even better cus the colour isn't solid. Its fab!!!
Thank you soooooooo incredibly much for your donation to my Race For Life, it really does mean the world to me. I'm hoping it picks up a bit tbh lol. Its also great that you have done this hun, I admire anyone raising money for such a good cause. Anyway sweets from the bottom of my heart I thank you again for your donation, you are a true gem mmwah!!
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
What a super design - sorry It's taken me so long to pop and comments on your lovely creations.
LOVE your design and how you colored your sweet hearts! LOVELY card! Hugs!
Post a Comment