Wednesday, 14 May 2014

So thoughtful!

I'm just dropping by to share my entry for One layer week over at LIM. The theme is 'Thank you!' so I broke out one of my favourite script stamps from Papertrey Ink and paired it with this sweet duo from Tara Wakefield.

Crazy cute or what? I spotted another image from the set on Kimberley's amazing blog here, I fell heavily in 'stamp love' and well, you can guess the rest!


I purchased the stamps from Tara's Etsy shop and wish I'd also bought two of her other sets as they are all ridiculously and wonderfully cute! 

The background was created using Distress inking through a TCW stencil, which was then sprayed with Glimmer Mist. I stamped and masked the bear and his little chum, then used the stencil, sprayed with Glimmer Mist, added the sentiment and finally coloured with Promarkers. 

Happy 'humpday' everyone, its all downhill to the weekend from here!

22 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Jo how are you..hope you are doing well...I am still busy doing Inventure in my Office...it needs power LOL...

Now aboout your cuuteee card..love the two critters on your card too cuutee and the three heart and I especially love the background you made...sweet and lovely card...always happy if I can visit your lovely Blog my lovely friend..big hugs..Monika

Vicky said...

Gorgeous hun....:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

Omg, this is the most amazing use of that set EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! So DELIGHTED!!!! Oh, that cutie was next on my list to break out, and this is do UBER SWEET!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous stenciled background, Dotty! I love the inking and use of the darling images! So sweet of you to stop by my blog! xoxo

TangoAlphaMike said...

Oh my gosh that's adorable! That fox too. SWEET!! Cute cards awesome blog. Thanks for visiting me :)

Tam @ cardmakingartists.com

Tracy said...

Great inked background and yes, those two are super cute. Wonderful card Jo. Hugs!

Chrissie said...

This is great masking, the bear really looks as though he's an additional layer... super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Dawn T said...

Just ADORE the soft colours on the background Jo. It is so pretty. And the teddy is just as adorable.

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable Jo ! Love the cute image and the background is beautiful ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Traceyr said...

haha I like that, "happy hump day" to you too.

Wonderful card I love the background but what I wanted to ask is does the colour from the Promarkers not come through onto the back on the card if you colour direct?

:)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Yeah this is such a cute and stunning make. The background colours you've chosen are a fabulous backdrop to the image.
Thanks for taking part
Sarah
Less is More

Lindsey said...

Fabulous background! Love the blend of colours and shades x

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is really adorable! I love the pastel stenciled background!

Monika Reeck said...

Jo....just wanna ask your address again...I put somewhere and lost it...(sad) this time I will keep n never lost it again..happy weekend sweety...♡

Lynne in NI said...

Noooooooooo ... this is just way too cute!! I must resist, I must resist!!
LOVING your fab coloured BG too!
Hope you're having a great weekend :)

Greta said...

What a great card, Jo! Love that background!

Anni said...

Wow, the image is sooo cute and the background is stunning!
Anni

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting, cute cards Jo!
Thanks for joining us at Less is More
Anne
Less is More Designer

G Peplow said...

Magic, love the soft background and the cute bear and fox, works for me :D xx

Linda Brun said...

Cute cute cute... and LOVE the colors.
Hugs

Darnell said...

I really like the card in your newest post, Jo, but my eye caught these and I was a goner!! Love, love, love how you did these!! Hugs, Darnell

wienerhoneymooners said...

Telling you again, this card is AMAZING!!!