Friday, 22 August 2014

Pandamonium

Here I am again ready to share a card AND some holiday pictures.



If you want to skip the holiday pictures just take a quick peek at this rather cute card made using the Pandamonium Clear Stamps from Mama Elephant, The pandas, lanterns and sentiments are adorable and this set requires very little colouring or fussy cutting. I created the background using an embossing folder and Distress inks. Unfortunately, after assembling the card I added too many sequins but never mind.

So now for the holiday news... We are just back from a lovely break in the tranquil town of Cavtat in Croatia.  We stayed in an enormous hotel (unusual for us) and lazed around eating too much and enjoying the scenery. Here is the view across the bay from our hotel.


We visited beautiful Dubrovnik by boat.


 And went up in the cable car for a breathtaking view and a rather tasty lunch.



Each day the harbour in Cavtat was full of an assortment of truly amazing boats. Here's the one I'll be buying when my lottery numbers come up! If I look a bit bedraggled it's because we were drenched  by a wave on the return trip from Dubrovnik. We were quite literally soaked to the skin so thank goodness it was really warm and sunny.


If only every day could be like this...


11 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous, cute card Jo love that fabby image and the wonderful background colour. Your holiday photos look fantastic now I want to go on holiday, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Julia Aston said...

First - what a marvelous holiday you had! the photos are just lovely! And your card is just the cutest! love your blue background it sets off the cute panda wonderfully!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh my dear tooo cuuuteee card I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE Image and the cuteness you made Jo..aaaannnddd I was at Croatia at the year 2014 can you Imagine if you also there at the same time I will managed to meet you and tell my DH please please go to Dubrovnik to meet my Blogland friend Jo....but sad that this year we are only have a holiday at Baltic sea...Croatia is nice they have always sun shine at August..and hot until 40 degree right...great Pict Jo..hugs

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Jo! Love the stencil print background. Your holiday in Croatia looks fab :)

Dawn T said...

Cute as card Jo. Your holiday photos are superb. We have bee trying to organize a trip to Croatia for awhile now but the timing never seems right. Someday maybe we'll make it. Looks like a fun trip for you.

Anonymous said...

Your card is so beautiful Jo ! Love love love the background... Thanks for sharing your pics with us ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Lynne in NI said...

Ahhh your holiday pics are fab Jo ... I'd love to go there :) I'll reckon its a tad warmer there than here, we had ground frost last night! It's still August for goodness sake!!!
Fabulous card, that's such a sweet little panda :)

Greta said...

Looks like a fabulous vacation! I'll never get there, so thanks for sharing your pictures, Jo! This is a darling card--love the background!

ionabunny said...

Cute panda card. The holiday destination looks divine

Linda Brun said...

Hi Jo, what a cute little panda and I really like your backgound work on your card. Sound and looks like your holiday was perfect, thanks for sharing pictures.
hugs

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, Those Pandas are such fun, great bkgd too, love how you're using stencils, really loose and FAB!!!
Brilliant holiday pics too,looks like you had a wonderful time! I would love to go there, mmm one day :D Hugs Gay x