Don't worry, this post isn't X-rated: you don't have to shield the screen from your children, your partner, your granny or your cat. Let me explain... I tried to make this card using more black card than white but discovered I only had scraps of black and none of them matched! Ever had this problem? Yup, thought so.
Its half-term break AND the sun is shining AND I've had the chance to make a few cards. Unfortunately, I'm not too happy with a few of them as my mojo also seems to be taking a holiday but I am enjoying some quality crafting time.
I thought I'd play along at WOYWW today and share a view of the sunlight streaming onto my desk. I am amazed to find that its WOYWW 298. Well done, Ms Dunnit that's some achievement!
My card has been made for the CASology Challenge Week 134 which is Monochrome. There are some beautiful cards on show from the DT girls and the crafters who have linked-up ahead of me. Any mention of 'monochrome' and I immediately start thinking of the race scene in My Fair Lady. I adore black and white but feel that my card is too plain so I may have another try with the same die and different colours later today.
Finally, here's a picture of my favourite little bit of monochrome: the amazing Mr C!
Have a happy day everyone, I hope its bright and sunny where you are too!


25 comments:
OK Mr C has stolen the show and there are many shades or white and black, so good luck matching if you have too. I hope the weather is kind to you where ever you are located in the world.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Eliza & Yoda #2
Yes! I have several pieces of black cardstock that does not match. I tried to explain this to DH and he thought I was crazy. Of course the man wears blue socks with brown pants... Happy crafting :) Shel-PaperOctilloStudio #42
Hi Dotty Jo, Loving the pic of Mr C, he's awesome! Love the black and white card too, my favourite colour combo. I so agree about black card- you'd think black is black, wouldn't you? But its true, there are more shades of it than is necessary. Just good, solid black- thats all we want, right? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #21 xx
Great card Jo and I love the pic of Mr C.
Donna x
Your card looks very elegant, it's gorgeous. That's a very tidy work space.
Mr. C?! I have a Mr. C! Well, usually he is Mr. Charles (never Charlie). He is the gray and white version of your Mr. C.
I think your card is superb as is! I do have that problem where my shades of black don't match and often my shades of white. So annoying!
Thanks for the visit earlier. Judy #57
Beautiful close of Mr C, lol, beautiful picture of your card Jo love the black and white colour theme, the simple design adds to the classy look, super make.
hugs
lorraine x
Yes, I know what you mean about black. There's black and there's black. But anyway your card turned out beautiful! I love it.
And the picture of your kittie is so cute.
Have a great week,
God bless,
Lisca#24
I feel your pain about black card. It can be frustrating especially when you finish one pad and start another from the same company! Lovely card though.
Your puss is very cute.
Hugs
xx
Tickles under the chin first of all to Mr C.
Lovely card - and yes, I have that problem - have it with white too. So annoying!
Hugs, Neet 26 xx
Dang... I was really hoping for x-rated. Hehe. But this lovely card will do the trick, anyway! It's simple, chic, and stunning. P.S. will you mail me your cat? I would like him. lol
Beautiful card, Jo! And that photo of your cat is so fun!!
Your card is perfect Jo. And Mr C looks very happy to be photographed. Love the die you used. plus I am impressed with your VERY tidy work space! (I'd be ashamed to show mine)
Your card is so beautiful Jo ! Love the die cut... And you little cat is gorgeous ! Love love love his little face ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
This is very pretty, and not too plain at all. So sophisticated. Love that it is just black and white. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.
Hi Jo, love your card and the monochrome theme, it's very elegant. I have to say that mr. c has stolen the show.....sorry :-)! Enjoy the rest of your half term. Chris x
Cute Cat Foto Jo and nice place you have I can see how tidy it is..
The card you made is adorable
so simple and so in basic color and so CAS
this is a winner on my eyes...
love this Jo..
hugs, Monika
This is STUNNING sweetie, hugs Pops x
Even your cat fits in with the colour scheme! Love your card!
hmm, fifty shades of black I guess... but nevertheless your card is beautiful and so is mr. C!!!
Heee a kitty selfie is always hard to beat ;)
Beautiful card, and yes black paper is at a premium in my stash too!
Oh and I soooooo envy that lovely tidy desk of yours!
Love it, there's 50 shades of everything I think!
Gorgeous card, Liz x
Just look at that sweet face! Beautiful die & I like it done with black & white--& yes--I sure have found many shades of black without enough of any of them--LOL! By the way, the cheap felt squares don't work very well for diecutting, but the felt from My Favorite Things is great & I know people are happy with PTI felt. I read somewhere that it needs to be wool.
WOW such a cas and wonderful design! Love it!
Hello Mr C. Love your b&w card. Your desk is very tidy. Wishing you mojo. Hugz
Post a Comment