Sunday, 3 May 2015

April Card Chain Challenge Reveal!


No matter how much I fiddle with Picassa I cannot get a good picture of my April CCC card!

I used the 'smooching' technique to create a fun, colourful background to go with the big, comical bird but unfortunately it hasn't photographed well at all. To me it just looks like the big, comical bird threw-up on the card!

The big bird is from The Alley Way Stamp set called Bird Brain. This is such a fun set with a variety of different images to make you chuckle. I paired the image with a seemingly appropriate sentiment sentiment from Hero Arts.

I sent my card to Mynette  and received this little beauty from Toni in Seattle, USA.


Finally, I'll announce the winner of my CCC Candy: it's you Shirley B!
Well done to Shirley for correctly guessing I'd stepped away from my beloved LOTV stamps and chosen a crazy pink bird instead. Shirley, If you could please email me your snail mail address I'll organise some goodies for you!

As always I'll leave you with the link to the current CCC sign-up here and a health warning that this challenge is completely and totally addictive!

15 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Technicolour puke, lol! I think he's looking at his reflection in a pink pool :)
Thanks for the win! I'll email you :)

Monika Reeck said...

Congrats for Shirley hihi I guess wrong it is the card from Toni...I was guessing it was yours haha wrong wrong wrong guessingand the bird really cuteeee and love the vibrant water color beside him...lovely pink and yellow combo
cute card and you get a sweet card from Toni she is at the same DT with me at HOC...hugs, Monika

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Jo, love the fab ink technique.

Donna x

CinnamonSally said...

Love your colourful card Jo , your bird is just perfect!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful Jo ! I love the splash of colours... Gorgeous... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Pop's Cards said...

Super Stunning creation as always huggles Pops x

Elise said...

How I MISS your loveliness and WONDERFUL cards! Thanks for peeking into my very neglected blog. You are SO special to me. All your lovely creations and gorgeous as EVER! Mwah!

Greta said...

So fun & you got a great card in return!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW!!! Your bg is so cool and soooo perfect for that whimsical bird!

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful ♥♥

Marilyn said...

I love your card and the photo is fine... it doesn't look like the bird barfed, it looks very artsy and I like it a lot. Fab sentiment for this design and I like the sequins in there too. Love that bird, I really do.

Lynne in NI said...

Loving your mad pink birdie, Jo! ...hadn't noticed that he wasn't feeling too well until you mentioned it LOL ;)

Linda Brun said...

This is one cool card, love it. The colours are so vibrant and I love the artsy bird :-)

JoZart Designs said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my Celtic Braid! I LOVE this super card and the gooney bird. So quirky.
Jo x

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I love the smooshed design--does NOT look like what you said it does! Pretty colors, too!