Saturday, 6 June 2015

Colouring Challenge and House of Cards

Happy Saturday to you all!

So, hands-up everyonewho is playing along with Kathy R's second Colour Challenge? Thought so... Its great isn't it! Kathy is so talented and I've found myself positively drooling over her creations from the first few days. I'm also picking up useful tips: I've already started to give my Promarker coloured images a quick blast with my heat gun to avoid the colours spreading into each other as per Kathy's advice.


Over the last few days I've been colouring a different Up Town Girls image from this one but can't share it until I know its reached its destination. With that in mind, here's what I coloured today!


I really do love Opal the Optimist and that sweet sentiment! This wasn't my original layout plan but I had a small mis-hap with my die-cutting so went for off-centre layering for a change!

I've chosen my colours from the gorgeous inspiration picture over at House of Cards blog.


I never need much incentive to work with a pink and green palette as its one of my favourite colour combos.
The House of Cards girls have their end of term blog hop and a DT call-out on offer so I decided to join in the fun!

22 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

some cool cards here and great tip for the heat gun too.
Thanks so much for your comment.
Jo x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous work! I think the offset panel looks great. It leaves that nice pop of color at the side. Wonderful coloring too! Hugs!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Lovely card Jo! I like that colourcombination a lot!!

Rosmarie said...

Flawless coloring!!! Love this image - the pink border and the sequins are just the perfect touch!
Thank you very much for your nice comment and for playing with us at the House of Cards Blog Hop.
Good Luck...
Rosi x --- HOC-DT

Lindsey said...

Wow, gorgeous colouring! And a fun card, too. (Half-full means there's room for more!) ;) It's on my list to check out Kathy's challenge...

Mynn xx said...

Hello, Jo! This is SO DARLING! Your coloring is fabulous, your CAS feel is wonderful, and I adore the bits of bling! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! Good luck on the hop and the DT call! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Jo...stunning tall girl with green n pink color combo
Adorable add the pink on left side and As always adorable coloring..luv this card Jo
Hugs n thanks to join with us at HOC
Monika DT

Aileen said...

Great card, have just been colouring her up myself. Love pink and green together it totally works.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh she's gorgeous Jo, love the colours of her beautiful dress! Good luck with the DT call :)

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Jo. Pink and green always look good together. You've done a great job with your card

Anonymous said...

Your card is so stylish Jo ! And I do love the sentiment ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Greta said...

Such a cute card--beautifully colored!

Anni said...

Great coloring! i love the layout of your card!
Anni

Pop's Cards said...

Super gorgeous creation sweetie, hugs Pops x

Darnell said...

Oh, my, sweet Jo, if you don't win, I'll be surprised! Your card is so impeccably colored and just perfect for the HOC photo inspiration!! (I need those stamps!!) Hugs, Darnell

Jessi Fogan said...

That's purely adorable - I love the sentiment! And the perfect scatter of sequins!

JoZart Designs said...

Thanks for your comment... Don't blame you being jealous, what a day we all had at Black Sheep... fantastic adventure!
jo x

PL Keenor said...

That is a really lovely card.

Lynne in NI said...

Hey Jo, just popping by to say thanks for the gorgeous Birthday card :)

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, Hope all is well with you? I am loving this latest card, great colouring, good luck with the challenges:D Hugs Gay x

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So cool and fun! Love it! Hugs, Karin

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How FUN! Love the hot link! Happy 4th of July to you! Hugs,Cornelia (HOC teamie)