Friday, 3 July 2015

House of Cards - July Challenge

Hi everyone, just take a look at my shiny new badge!


Yes, I'm proud to announce that I am now a House of Cards DT member. Sadly, I haven't covered myself in glory with my new role thus far as I missed the posting deadline for the July Challenge. This was due to a whole bunch of things happening during the last fortnight which I could have done without! Nearly loosing this little guy

has to be the worst but the attempted car-jacking wasn't great either. Thankfully Mynn and the team (and my adorable Naughty Or Nice buddies) have been very understanding. So, without further ado here I go with my latest crafting adventure...

The July Challenge for House of Cards is to create a card with a food theme and/or using the colours in this totally yummy inspiration picture. Strawberries and mango... a real taste of summer don't you agree?


I decided to break out my brand new Stamping Bella stamp and get colouring with Promarkers and pencils. I just can't get enough of these pretty stamps right now.


I'd planned to include a 'Happy birthday' or 'Seize the cake' but after trying a whole bunch of different sentiment stamps I finally opted to leave this card sentiment-free.

When I played along with the previous HOC Challenge I was blown away by the range of different styles and techniques on offer over at HOC HQ. This month is no different, so why not head on over and check out the creations of this oh, so talented crew!

22 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Dear JO
I know you love Stamping Bella too
and this one oooh aaaaaah
I LOVE IT SOOO MUCCCH
(may I have one stamped image dear...) she is sooo precious
so adorable and your coloring ooooh two thumbs up Jo
I ADORE THIS CARD AND YOUR SKILL OF COLORING...
Now I want to say Congrats on being the team
and Welcome to our team dear Jo
you are a big asset for us
love all your cards (and coloring so adorable) for you to know :)
hugs, Monika

Toni said...

Sounds like a rough period...hopefully will be copacetic soon! Love your coloring as always!

Toni
HOC teamie

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, Congratulations my friend great news about your DT position but it does seem you've had a rough time of it lately!! Nearly loosing your lovely furry buddy and a car jacking OMG nasty!! Hope all is good now, I am loving your card :D Hugs xxx

Becca Cruger said...

Now that is a dress! I think you choice to leave the card sentiment less was a good one because that girl is so busy. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a rough month, but I'm happy to see that your incredible talent is being recognized. Congrats on the new DT gig!

sweetpea said...

Hi Jo congratulations on your new DT post. Love the simple and beautiful Janet x

Pop's Cards said...

I love this she looks fabulous your colouring and shades are gorgeous hugs Pops x

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful Jo... What happened to Custard ? I hope he is alright now... Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

~amy~ said...

You poor girl...hope things have calmed down.
Congrats on the new DT and your card is absolutely SWEET.

Greta said...

Oh no--I'm so sorry! Take it everyone is OK & you can relax & enjoy the weekend. You made an adorable, beautiful card--amazing coloring! Congrats on your new DT assignment!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh sounds like you've had an eventful time! Hope wee Custard is OK?
Congrats on joining your new DT ... this is a beautiful card, LOVE your colouring :)

Mynn xx said...

I am in LOVE, Jo!!! This image is SO SWEET, your coloring is AMAZING, and I love how you made the image your focal point! A fabulous debut! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Tammy said...

This is beautiful Jo! I love that fabulous Stamping Bella image and your coloring is gorgeous!! Welcome to the team!
Hugs, Tammy

Barbara Rankin said...

Fabulous card, Dotty Jo. I love that stamp and your coloring is wonderful! So glad to have you join the team. Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Don't worry - you are not the only one who had screwed up the posting for the last challenge - I was one of them, too....But your card is gorgeous and well makes up for that!!! Hopefully your life is back in order and you can relax! Hugs, Cornelia (HOC teamie)

Em Louise Fairley said...

From one newbie to another, congratulations! I love your card, the coloring is stunning! I look forward to getting to know and working with you.

Hugs,
Em
HOC teamie
xxx

Judy V said...

Beautiful card Jo! Love your coloring on this pretty image! So glad to have you on the team with us at House of Cards!

Jessi Fogan said...

OMG Jo, what an awful awful few weeks for you - I can't even imagine! I'm glad your furbaby is ok, and that you are too!
Your colouring is just amazing on this card - and it says it all :)

sue t. said...

It sounds as though you had good reasons to miss the deadline- I had none and I have been on the team since the beginning!! Awesome card! Glad to have you with us!!

CinnamonSally said...

Sorry about all your bad luck lately Jo but congrats with your DT position. Love your card and the colouring is fabulous.

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Jo! Welcome to our fun DT! I am so sorry that you've had such a horrible run of bad luck! Hopes for you that it is now over and you can enjoy your card crafting! I love your coloring on this image and the cute stitched edges on your layers! Have a great day!

Lilian said...

So pretty! Very elegant! Welcome to the team!
Lilian HOC DT
The Leaf Studio

Katy said...

I hope all is well with your adorable cat and that things are going way better for you now. Your card is super cute! I love that lady on it!! Very awesome! And so glad that you are on the team! Hugs! Katy House of Cards DT :)