Sunday, 1 November 2015

House of Cards November Challenge - Stamped and Cut Window Technique

The House of Cards team have done themselves proud this month!
It's technique time for the November Challenge and the girls have created a beautiful selection of cards using the stamped and cut window technique.


To be honest I wasn't at all sure what this technique entailed but after watching the video featured on today's post and made by our leader, Mynn-the-Marvel, I felt filled with confidence to try this for myself.


I stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed as I wanted to give this technique a CAS twist. I then used the finished panel as a background for SOG Mae and her mistletoe.

There's plenty of gorgeous inspiration for you over at House of Cards. I think this is a lovely technique and one that really lends itself to Christmas/Holiday cards. Why not head-over, take a peek at what the HOC DT have created this month and join us for our November Challenge.


21 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

As always sweety beautiful colored..perfect for this month theme and I was also confused at first .. and trully speaking we choose a same oval as cut in the middle..your card is happy and bright n cherry..love this my friend
Hugs
Monika

Darnell said...

That is one gorgeous sketch layout, Jo, and I just love your interpretation! I love all your layers and colors and embossing! I love the focus pocus off to the side of the oval, the vibrant color ... yum! It's just yum and I'm pinning it!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love the look of the white embossed background here with the bright coloring of the image. What a fun card!

Merethe A said...

Sweet card you hav made her Dotty Jo. And fab coloring.

(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Lilian said...

Beautiful card! And great coloring!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Mynn xx said...

GORGEOUS, Jo! I LOVE the embossed white on white--it's fabulous! The image you added is perfect! :) Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Toni said...

so Cute! Love SOG and adorable sentiment to go along with it!

Dawn T said...

very pretty Jo. Love the embossed white on white ..very elegant.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh this is fab, love your stamped BG :)
PS you're an awful temptress ... those MFT stamps are fab ;)

Liz McGuire, said...

Fabby technique and you have pulled it off perfectly! Liz x

Jane Knudsen said...

Love this - the sentient, the image, the layering - wow! Beautifully put together! jane HOC teamie

Donna Nuce said...

Darling Card Dotty Jo! Your coloring is gorgeous! Have a great day!
Donna N., HOC Teamie!

Maria Sabina R. said...

Loving it! You did such a beautiful job with this stamp

Unknown said...

Jo, your coloring is phenomenal!!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Jo, this is gorgeous! I love it!
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Jo!! I love that sweet image and it's colored beautifully, fabulous embossed background too!
Hugs, Tammy

Michele K. Henderson said...

Really fun and fresh card, Jo! I love the great colors and the adorable image too!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Greta said...

This is so cute, Jo--love it!

Barbara Rankin said...

You certainly made a beautiful card, Dotty Jo! Great coloring, too! Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

Katy said...

This is super cute! Love the sentiment! :) Hugs!-Katy HOC Teammate :)

craftysahmiam said...

Such a sweet card, so bright and clean; colored, cut and layered perfectly. Heather - HOC DT