Saturday, 5 December 2015

A bear is for Christmas and not just birthdays...


Before I get to today's card I just want to say a big, and truly heartfelt, 'thank you' for all your supportive comments on the post where I talked about my problems with atypical face pain. You are all so kind.


I'm sorry this isn't the best photograph but I literally grabbed the camera and started clicking as soon as a teeny, tiny ray of sunshine hit my desk!

I knew I wanted to try a 'no colouring' style card after seeing some great inspiration dotted around blogland. I had a few ideas floating around in my head but needed this post on Maureen Merritt's stunning blog, Mama Mo, to give me my light-bulb moment!

The background was created very speedily using Hero Arts' beautiful Star Galaxy coloured with Distress Inks, which I blended on the stamp using sponge. The bears are from MFT Birthday Bears and the sentiment from Mama Elephant Merry Greetings both of which were purchased from Make the Day Special... Or as I like to think of it: Make the Jo Poor! Seriously people, I have noooo willpower when it comes to stamp shopping. The gifts were paper pieced from some pretty little scraps and then the ribbons and bows received a Wink or two of Stella.

I like the fact that there are three bears and that the sentiment has three words!

Now, I'm off to take a look at Day 5 of Taheerah's Advent Caledar Extravaganza, which I am loving!

18 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

I hear ya about the terrible lighting lately. I finally broke down and bought two Ottlites so that I can actually take semi-decent photos indoors. Your card is sooooo cute and I leeerve that background.

Aileen said...

Love the card. No colouring very well done. These bears are so cute no wonder you couldnt resist. I too have that problem, too much temptation.

Nicky said...

Lovely card will have to give that a go - slowly trying to get back to my cards, just been one of those years, thanks for popping by my blog x

Chris said...

Love your card Jo and what a beautiful background! Hope you're doing ok with the pain today. Chris x

Greta said...

Super cute card & I love the no coloring!

Dawn T said...

Just adorable Jo. Just been to see Maureen's blog posts... awesome inspiration.

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Jo, love the super cute image and beautiful design.

Donna x

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable Jo ! Love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh I'm seriously lovin your pretty BG on this Jo!
Oh and I feel your shopping pain ... I've a big crafty wish list but a very small purse LOL

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous and cute Jo love how you created the background.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! That background is incredible!!! I love it!

Lindsey said...

These bears are adorable! And the background beautiful. A perfect Christmas card.

Nicole Parmentier said...

oh this card is adorable! I love that you didn't color the bears at all. I have this background stamp too and will safe your card for CAS-ing it, hope you don't mind... I just love it!

G Peplow said...

Oh this is wonderful, one of my fave sentiments and such a great design, love it Jo:D
I hope you are feeling a lot better now, hugs Gay xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, this is soooo cute. The no colouring works really well and I love that background - very effective, Liz x

Maria Sabina R. said...

How cute is this?!?!?!!?!? I love it!

Lynne in NI said...

Happy Christmas Jo, hope you have a good one!
Lynne
x

Donna said...

Super cute card Jo, love these little bears and your beautifully stamped background. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year! Donna ♥ x