Tuesday, 1 December 2015

House of Cards - End of Term Blog Hop and Prizes

Hi everyone, are you ready for some blog hopping fun?


Welcome to the end of term hop from House of Cards, if you're following the hop you'll have just landed here from the blog of my talented teamie Donna T.

Did you know that this blog hop is also a DT Call?

The House of Cards Team are looking for crafters comfortable in any card making style and it might just be YOU!  You'll be contacted after the challenge closes to let you know if you've made the team. Each DT member will just be in charge of one or two cards/projects per month plus commenting.  If you're interested in working with us a HOC for a six month term from January - June 2016, please email our leader, Mynn at onastampageATgmailDOTcom with the following information:   
  • A link to your blog.
  • Attached cards showing your style - 3 maximum.
  • A brief description as to why you'd like to join the team at House of Cards.
  • Any major life happenings you KNOW you have coming up in your life from January-June 2016 that might interfere with your DT responsibilities.
(Please email Mynn at onastampageATgmailDOTcom if you have any other questions!)    

I can hardly believe that I've come to the end of my 1st term at HOC. For many of the girls this is their third term on the team and Mynn and the gang are saying a fond farewell to some of DT members and feeling grateful to those staying on. 

So, to say goodbye and thank you, we're celebrating with a blog hop! 

This hop will run from 1st December through to 15th December... Any card style is welcome. Here's a gorgeous inspiration photo to get you feeling all Christmasy!


For my offering I've used a very traditional image from Mynn's Etsy shop MHK Designs. I loved the red candles in the inspiration picture and made sure that Santa's tree glowed with gorgeous red candles too. I also love the touches of gold in the picture so searched my stash for some gold card to use as a mount.


                                      

  
You can check-out the sponsor details on the HOC blog and also find that all important information about applying to join the Design Team. Make sure you leave a comment at each person's blog along the way because the prizes are hidden and we'll be doing random draws at the blogs where they're hiding! After you're done, make a creation to share with us over on the HOC blog, too, for another chance to win! Prize winners from the Blog Hop will be announced on 20th December and card winners will be announced next month on the 15th.

Your next stop on the hop is Em

Don't forget to link up a project with us after completing the hop for an extra chance to win a mystery prize from one of our fabulous sponsors, too!  


27 comments:

StirYourCreativity said...

The card made me smile. Beautiful card.

Jerrie said...

I love your card! You have done a great job coloring the tree and santa. Love the vingage feel!

stempelfrida said...

Your traditional Santa image is gorgeous! Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing :)

Karen P said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how you have coloured the Santa but still kept a gorgeous vintage feel to your card, awesome skills! Karen x

mumbird3 said...

Lovely card!

z papieru robione said...

great job - I really love your card !!

Merethe A said...

Lovely card with Mynn's creation.
(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Donna said...

Beautiful card, like the vintage Santa, nice coloring! Donna, HOC teammate

Tiggerscraps said...

That's a great image! Beautiful job

Mynn xx said...

OH my goodness, I absolutely ADORE this! Your coloring of this image is fabulous--and I LOVE the way you made it the focal point! Thank you SO MUCH for all you've done at HOC the past term! Sending lots of HUGS! :) Mynn xx

PS: I'm having a DT call at MHKDesigns...I'd love for you to enter if you're keen! Here is the link: http://mhkdesignsbymynn.blogspot.com/2015/12/design-team-call.html

Monika Reeck said...

I love this Image Jo...great coloring MHK designs and the traditional color of christmas card I can feel here...great sentiment too
and lovely DT card
hugs and I am in a hurry wanna say I miss you :)

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Jo ! Love this image ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Toni said...

Love your vintage santa! I'm glad you left the layout simple to let it shine!

Toni
HOC DT Teamie

Anonymous said...

this is such a lovely christmas card in traditional colours and with an old fashioned santa and tree!

Barbara Rankin said...

Beautiful card. I love that vintage Santa. I really enjoyed being on the HOC DT with you. Hugs, Barbara

Shawna said...

This card is fantastic!! The green banding makes the Santa image pop!! The coloring is outstanding.. this is a great card Dotty Jo!! I am now your newest member.. Why did it take me this long to discover your blog.. Hopping along now I do look forward to seeing more of your work my new crafty friend!!
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna
Fellow HOC Teamie

papierelle said...

A beautiful nostalgic card.
Greetings Gundi

Em Louise Fairley said...

Adorable, Jo! It's been an honor to be on the DT at HOC this term and I hope it continues!
Love, hugs and blessings,
Em, HOC teamie

Rosmarie said...

Your vintage Santa image is gorgeous. I love the traditional colors you used!
Delighted to have been in the team with you and hopefully it will be just a long break!!!
Hugs, Rosi CASE-ing Christmas teamie

sue t. said...

Love that vintagey card from Mynn's designs! Thank you for all your inspiration at the HOC over the last 6 months!!

Lilian said...

Beautiful card! Love that image!
Lilian HOC DT teamie
The Leaf Studio

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the old fashioned Santa and the delightful vintage look!

Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

Love that Santa!

Katy said...

I love how you colored your Santa! He looks awesome! Beautiful card! :) Hugs!-Katy HOC DT

maria f. said...

Pretty. Those red candles remind me of many Christmas trees in Germany, lit only with real, tiny candles. Either red or white ones.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and your Santa.

Hugs,
Merlina