Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Naughty or Nice Challenge #22 - Show us some Wing!

Hi everyone, can you believe that it's actually December???


Over at Naughty or Nice we're looking for things with wings so why not break out your birds, insects, fairies and angel stamps and play along with us. We'd love it if you did!


I've combined two sweet stamp sets from Mama Elephant to make my card. I've used Charmed for the images and I Like You for the sentiment. Both sets were purchased from one of my most favourite online shops: Make the Day Special. You can also see two Hero Arts stamps Winter Tree Patterns and Flourish which appear on my cards again and again... Oldies but goodies. There's plenty of layers and dimension on this little card and I used silicone for the first time as the pieces were too small to use dimensional tape or dots.

I made this card for my husband. To say we've had a difficult few weeks would be an understatement. A little over a month ago I had what I thought was toothache and had some dental work done. To cut a long story short; three trips to A&E, five trips to my Dental Practitioner and five trips to my GP later it turns out I probably have something called Atypical Face Pain or Persistent Idiopathic Facial Pain. Hubby has been with me every step of the way and has truly been my rock over the last few weeks. The medication can take about three months to have an effect so life is slightly on-hold at the moment while I learn how to live with the pain and discomfort... so please forgive me if I'm not dropping by or posting as much as usual.

To check out my fellow Troublemakers delightful 'wing-ed' cards you can head over to the Naughty and Nice Challenge Blog and take a look at their glorious creations...

14 comments:

Nicole Parmentier said...

So Sorry to hear you are in pain! Hope the medication will do it's job soon! Good to hear that your husband stood at your site these weeks. He really deserves this awesome card! Love it! Take care!!

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Jo sorry to hear you are still having tooth problems, hope the medication works soon. Love your cute card. X

coldwaters2 said...

I am so sorry to hear about your pain Jo it must be so awful to live like that I am glad you have your hubby for support and hope that your meds work sooner than later. Jo your card is truly wonderful a right little smasher
hugs
lorraine x

Darnell said...

How awful for you, Jo. All those trips just makes me sick to my stomach. Your husband is a real trooper to be with you, but you are the hero for putting up with it all and dealing with it. I pray that the medications will get you to a place where your pain is manageable. Your card for hubby is (sorry, have to say it) a HOOT! I just karacked up over that sediment!! Take care. Huge hugs, Darnell

shirley-bee said...

Haha, love that sentiment, Jo! Sorry to hear you're suffering with facial pain, that's nasty. Fingers crossed that the medication does the trick. Hats off to your hubby for looking after you :)

Lindsey said...

Ugh, Jo! So sorry to hear you've been going through such pain. This card makes a perfect "thanks for being there" card for your husb. And I love how you used your older Hero Arts stamps to add so much to the design!

Dawn T said...

poor you Jo. It really can't be a fun time. Hope your medication is starting to work. What a great card for your husband. Take care of yourself and get better soon.

~amy~ said...

This is absolutely DARLING.

Aileen said...

So sorry to hear about all your pain. Must have been terrible each time going to what you hoped was the solution to find out there was another and another and now to have to wait up to three months before it starts working. Will be thinking lots of positive thoughts. Your card is wonderful and I am sure your husband knows how appreciated he is.

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Jo! I am so glad I dropped by your recent post and I could read about your facial pain! I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through. It helps to have a supportive hubby, and I hope you will find some relief soon. I will try to stop by more often and check on you! Take care! xx

donna mikasa said...

My goodness, I forgot to mention how CUTE this card is. Definitely "nice"!

Chris said...

I'm so sorry to read you're having to deal with this Jo. Thinking about you and hope you can manage until the medication starts to work. Your card is beautiful and I hope you're finding some solace in your art. Chris x

Lynne in NI said...

Oh poor you Jo, that sounds just awful! My DH lives with daily pain, so I know how hard it can be. Hope your meds kick in soon xx
Gorgeous card for your DH, I'd love to know what his response to that sentiment was LOL ;)

G Peplow said...

Oh Jo, I am sorry I have been absent so much, to hear that you are in awful pain makes me very sad :( I do hope that you are feeling better and the medication kicks in quickly!
Your card is beautiful, I've missed so many :( Hugs Gay xx