Hi, everyone. It's time for another new monthly challenge over at House of Cards!
For February, Mynn and the gang want you to 'Shape-up' and create a shaped card... That's anything other than a square or a rectangle if you were wondering.
To be honest I thought I'd struggle with this challenge. I usually stick with square and rectangular cards but I have to say I really enjoyed making this little card. I'm now feeling inspired to create more shaped cards.
This little cutie is from The Ton's sweet set 'Hey, Foxy'. I started by inking up a die cut circle with Distress inks to create the nigh time background. Then I stamped the trees (Hero Arts: Winter Trees) in Sepia Versa Fine. The fox is popped up, as is the circle. Finally, although you can hardly tell it, I added Wink of Stella and Stickles to give a frosty finish.
So why not come and join us at House of Cards? We'd love to see how you shape up this month!

23 comments:
love this cute little fox and the beautiful background
Beautiful card Jo. I'm checking the links for Mynn. Can you add the House of Cards label to your post please huni Karen x
Oh what a darling fox you have colored for your shappe card. Great job.
Dotty Jo, this is just adorable! I LOVE that cute little fox! He fits perfect inside the round design!
take care!
Michele
Cute Card Jo, Love this design and shape!
Jo, this is GORGEOUS! The dark colors are so pretty, especially with the POP of brightness with the little fox! The dimension is amazing, too! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx
Great color combo on your fun shaped card; I like the double stitching detail Heather HOC DT
Awww that's so sweet Jo, and fab dark spooky woods in the background too!
This is adorable, the Fox is so cute and that background on your circle is fabulous! Donna HOC DT
Your shape card turned out beautifully. Love the night-time background you created, it really makes the fox pop.
aww, cutest fox ever! Love your background too!
Toni
HOC DT Teamie
Love your boo card..
Hugs,
Merlina - HOC teamme
OMGosh, this is adorable! Love the sweet fox, love the blue and love the double-stitched dies! You did an amazing job!
Hugs,
Leslie, HOC teammie
ah I love that little Critter Jo
and the color blue really manly card
I love your blue color here in Germany we dont have this color
maybe only at your country Jo
lovely coloring as always
Love your DT card
I love the effect of the nighttime background and the shadowy look of the forest. Such a beautiful shape too!
Dotty Jo- I too struggled, thank God for that tea cup die! Your card is awesome. You really rocked out the challenge. And a fox- hey love them and yours is adorable!
I really love the dark colors of your card, it fits so well with the littlle russet fox!
Great shape too!
Rosi HOC teamie
I love this! The colors, the image, the sentiment...all fabulous! Great card!
This is too cute!! Love the fox and the woods in the background! :) Big Hugs! -Katy HOC teammate :)
This card is adorable! And that little fox! I love the shape! Great job! jane hoc teamie
Oh so cute fox.Love this set up for the fox and the care. Great.
(✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/
Cute image and great background!
Susan
Teamie at HOC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!
Love that shadow.
Post a Comment