Tuesday, 1 March 2016

House of Cards March Challenge - Silhouette

It's time for another new challenge over at House of Cards This month Mynn and the girls would like you to create a card inspired by our code word:


I love making simple cards and to be honest they don't get much simpler than this one! 


The code word made me think of an outline image stamped randomly on a coloured background. The flower is from a beautiful Hero Arts set: Garden Flowers by Lia and gave me exactly the 'look' I was aiming for. I finished with a sentiment and then went on the produce a second card in the same style using a pretty leaf from the set.


My tiny card puts in an appearance top right! Happy birthday, Em!


As always the HOC gang have produced some gorgeous cards and you can check out all the inspiration right here.

Happy crafting everyone!

18 comments:

Merethe A said...

So fun to see all you girls creations and howe diffrent they are on the same theme.

(✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Michele K. Henderson said...

These cards are so pretty! I love the color combinations and the beautiful inking techniques! Wow!
Take Care!
Michele

Unknown said...

Love it! Simplicity, but oh so striking! Great cards!

Marilyn said...

These are so pretty. I really like the dark ink over the paler colour... very effective and striking. Simple or not, they are lovely cards.

Toni said...

Very simple and very beautiful!

Mynn xx said...

Jo, these totally ROCK! I LOVE the monochrome colors you chose--and the images are perfect, too! Beautiful cards, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Mynn xx said...

PS: THANK YOU for the sweet card! It arrived and made my day! <3 Mynn xx

Nicole Parmentier said...

Simple but beautiful, love it!!

Nicky said...

These are lovely, simple but very effective :)

sue t. said...

This is awesome! I am always looking for quick sets of cards!

Monika Reeck said...

clever way to use that sentiment on the other color of paper and make it only white
I love them both and my fav is the blue one
cool feel so calmdown and adorable
great post my friend
hugs
Monika

Lynne in NI said...

These are gorgeous Jo, I love how you double mounted the sentiment - really makes it pop against your pretty BGs

LeslieT said...

OMGosh, Jo, your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Love the simplicity that really packs a great punch! And of course the stitched edges on the backgrounds are my favorite! :)
Hugs,
Leslie, HOC teammie

Katy said...

Both of your cards are so pretty! Love the colors and I love that you were able to make not one but two fairly quickly! :) Hugs! Katy HOC Teammate :)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful CAS cards!
Tina HOC teamie

Em Louise Fairley said...

Two beautiful cards, Jo. I love them.
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie

Unknown said...

Preciosas y delicadas texturas que logras con tan bella técnica... gracias por compartir! Saludos, Paula.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love both your cards! A simple idea but a super result!
Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!