Friday, 1 April 2016

House of Cards - April Challenge

It's time for another new monthly challenge over at House of Cards



There were some simply stunning entries last month, and I, for one, can't wait to see how everyone gets on with this month's challenge!  Mynn and the team want you to create a card with script and/or using this beautiful colour inspiration.

To be honest, I had to think long and hard about sharing this card. It's a sad truth that every now and then we have to create a card to send love and sympathy to someone who has lost someone special. This card has been made for the wife of a very good friend who has finally lost his long, brave battle with illness.


I used one of my favourite Hero Arts Peeking Pansies plus a subtle script background to create this simple card. I wanted it to be a pretty card rather than a sombre card so decided to paper piece the flower and use the green paper again for layering. I masked the square after stamping the image and then coloured, and stamped the script, with Distress Ink. 

As always, there's a stunning selection of cards on show for this challenge (with a total show-stopper of a card from Mynn) so why not head on over and check them out...

22 comments:

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Beautiful card :)
Best wishes, Eunice

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, so sorry about your friends husband.

Merethe A said...

Lovely spring card Dotty Jo. I love the color choise for this challenge.

(✿*‿*) Ma
HOC DT team
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Donna said...

Beautiful card, looks like it was made with much love and will bring comfort, my sympathies.

Glittered Paws said...

How pretty and what a perfect sympathy card. Love the CAS design. Shirley - Team Mate

CinnamonSally said...

Your card is stunning Jo and I am sure the recipient will appreciate your unique design.

Lindsey said...

Sympathy cards are never a pleasure to make, but yours is beautiful. Lovely job.

Mynn xx said...

Jo, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend's wife. I know that this beautiful card brought him comfort! It is gorgeous, friend! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Karren said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your sweet and touching image, Dotty Jo! Great coloring and feels really heartfelt too!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Lynne in NI said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, Jo x
Beautiful card, love the colours you chose.

Katy said...

Your card is beautiful. These are always the hardest cards to make. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jane Knudsen said...

Simply gorgeous! I really like the stamp you used and the way you layered this up! jane hoc dt

sue t. said...

Lovely, I recognize that stamp. I think I got rid of it in one purge or another. very sad.....

Monika Reeck said...

I adore always if you used this stamp
and because of you I bought one
and this card is sooo soo sweettt
LOve that flower love the dots paper and lovely sentiment too
ADORBLE CARD Jo
love love love

Monika Reeck said...

I am sorry about the lost of your friend Jo...sad for to read it :((

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful card; I can feel the love that went into its creation. I'm hoping that the recipient felt it also.

sue n.
HOC DT

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful CAS card that I'm sure will bring comfort.
Hugs
Em, HOC teamie

stampingbowd said...

This is so gorgeous! I am so sorry for the reason you had to create this card but it is lovely and will soothe the soul. Thanks for the inspiration!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Such a beautiful CAS card. Love the sweet simple design.
Tina HOC teamie

Susan Renshaw said...

This is a lovely card!
Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Mynn xx said...

Jo, I LOVE these amazing butterflies! The layering and colors you chose are gorgeous, too! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx