Saturday, 7 January 2017

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stamps Challenge # 75 - S is for Stencils


Well, 2017 is properly underway and I don't seem to have spent too much money on crafty goodies so far; then again, it is still only January 7th!

As always, Edna is lookin' good! This time she's challenging us crafters to break-out those stencils.


My stencil work is very subtle on this card but creates a perfect backdrop for one of my favourite AI characters! I did toy with using embossing paste but in the end I masked the image and then used Distress Ink through the stencil.

Wanna see what the Sistahs created??? Course you do...


13 comments:

Jane Willis said...

I have one of those devices too, I use it far too often! Brilliant card, the stencilling spotlights her perfectly
Jane

Barbara Godden said...

Gotta love those AI characters, fabby job on your project.

Chris Dring said...

Snarky, stecilly perfection! I Love This!

Lindsey said...

Love this! Your stencilled background is perfect — I have little success at partially using a stencil and fading it out as you've done. And were you channeling another Edna, a Dame this time, in your hair colouring? :D

shirley-bee said...

Hehehe, love it!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ha ha! Great sentiment and love the soft, subtle way you stencilled the background.
xxx

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love the background stencil look on your card! It works perfectly with Edna and her yellow sweater! Funny and fresh! Have a great 2017!
Michele

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh love that stencil!!
UGH wish I could say the same - I've already spent a bundle on supplies LOL
Cursed Michaels and their 80% off Christmas stuff! I am all ready for next year's cards!

Nicole Parmentier said...

That stencil backdrop is great, it looks like wallpaper to me! And I love Edna's purple hair.. she is fabulous!!! Awesome card!

Lynne in NI said...

Hahahahaha very true! Love your colour theme here Jo x

Jenny said...

Brilliant!! :)
You're so good at this style of card :)
Jenny x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Haha, it's a lovely card, the stencilled background is great, it looks like a cool wall paper. Brilliant grounding of the image too.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Unknown said...

Perfect background - great job coloring Edna!