It's mixed-media time over at the Sisterhood for our new challenge.
To be totally honest, I wasn't looking forward to this challenge as I've never considered myself to be a 'mixed media' kinda gal! Once I'd stopped panicking, I decided to use a favourite Vera Lane image; colouring with Promarkers and Prismacolour pencils. I adore Janet's quirky, fun designs.
The background was created with stamps, paints and stencils, and a Waffle Flower die. I LOVED creating the layered background and brayered away to my heart's content... I think I may just be a mixed media girl after all!
I'm pretty pleased with result, and only hope that the recipient likes it!
My super-talented Sistahs are far more confident and competent when it comes to mixed media, so why not go take a look and come get all arty with us for Challenge #87!


20 comments:
For someone that was in a panic over the challenge you NAILED it!!! Awesome job and I'm sure the recipient will love it.
You are so totally a mixed media gal! This amazing card proves it! Love!
That is stunning! I love the image and sentiment
Jane
I love this brilliant card and your design. Fabulous!
To be honest, I've never quite understood some of the mixed media, especially the ones with the fish on the head but this one just cracks me up and you aced it... and the sentiment too! Love it!
Well it's most definitely safe to say that you ARE a mixed media girl! This is absolutely fabulous Jo!!!
hee hee This is lots of fun. The fish hat is too funny. Mixed media can be a little intimidating but it's really fun when you get out all the goodies.
Hugs!
Awesome, fun, bright, funny, cute... what a fun, funky, well-balanced mixed-media work!
Lol. Love everything about this, especially the hat!
Well done Jo. It's a perfect mixed media card. I struggle a bit with this type of card too... but looks like you had a fun time.
Wow, this is fabulous. Love how you used vibrant colours and the sentiment cracked me up!
hihi cuuute Image
and love all the purple sentiment
this is not your usualy style but I love it
the lady is cuuuteee and the coloring so vibrant and adorable
Love your card Jo
I miss you
and happy sunday my sweet friend
hugs
Monika
I was thinking how much I love the background, the bright colors. You did awesome and I could not tell you were wary of this challenge. Way to go!
The background is amazeballs, Jo!!! And look at you, two different media just to colour your girl! Obviously a mixed media pro. :D
Such a fabulous card Jo, you rocked the mixed media.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh loving all the pretty bright colours, the big eyed wee lass and her fish(?) hat
Super fab job sistah!
Did I tell you how much I liked this card?? It appears I didn't. And then, you know what??? The strangest thing!!! A woman with a fish on her head drops through my letterbox!!!! Squueeeeeee. I love it. Thank you so much. Un-birthdays are the best. HUGZ
This card is just too cute and funny. I love the image and the coloring is awesome. So creative and she is so cute.
love your use of colour and your skill at colouring images too. You did good Mrs x
You are a mixed media girl! I can't love this anymore.
WOW - I wish I could mix media like this - would be happy to be Close to it! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Post a Comment