Thursday, 1 March 2018

Naughty or Nice Challenge #49 - Drink Up!

Another fun graphic (Bravo, Danielle) heralds the start of another fun challenge over at Naughty or Nice!

This month we've got a favourite challenge of mine: Drink Up!

Although alcohol may be the first thing that springs to mind, the Troublemakers aren't worried whether your card features wine, beer, coffee or another beverage of your choice - it just has to show something you can drink!

My card for this challenge features champagne... and pink champagne at that!


I made this card for my cousin's wife, Sandra, who is celebrating her birthday today. The sweet, little champagne flute comes from a Technique Tuesday Christmas set 'Keep Calm and be Merry' and the sentiment was printed on my PC.

I am really pleased with how the card base turned out. You can't really tell on the screen how twinkly and pretty the hearts are. I mixed embossing paste and Distress Stickles and spread them across a hear stencil. The finished effect is gorgeous and definitely a technique I'll be used again!

I'm also linking to Challenge #161 at Addicted to Stamps - Have a Heart. I'm not sure I've ever played there before, but I love the DT cards and the linky gallery looks awesome!

We're saying a goodbye and an au revoir over at Naughty and Nice this month, but we're delighted to have a long time friend of the challenge stepping in to help out. If you want to see who our fabulous guest DT is, why not head over, take a look and play along...

10 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Great Birthday card Jo , love the pink. I shall have to try adding some Stickles to my embossing paste, what a great idea.

Toni said...

I have to agree with that sentiment, Jo! Your cousin is going to love this!

~amy~ said...

LOL. Love it!

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Jo! Love that great sentiment (and the fun challenge graphic!).

Lindsey said...

This is so good, Jo! The sparkly hearts are terrific, of course, but so is that pink background! Mmm, pink champagne. :)

Dawn T said...

so pretty Jo. Love the pretty pink and the hearts on the background.

Nicole Parmentier said...

I think every day is a day for champagne..
and coffee...
at breakfast! ;-)
Love, love, love your card!!

Cara said...

Fab card, love the embossed hearts. Think I'd rather have a gingerbread latte though!

Chrissy said...

Fun card Jo and glad to see the embossed hearts in the background, I love that folder..Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Addicted to Stamps..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh sparkly hearts are so pretty!