Saturday, 19 May 2018

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #110 - I is for Inky.


Now here's a fun, new challenge for you: I is for Inky! Yep, Edna and the gang have had soooo much fun playing along with this one, and would love you to come and play too! 

As soon as the challenge theme as announced,  I knew which stamps I'd be using. However, first I had to create a suitably inky background. I did this by spritzing some watercolour paper and then randomly dripping blobs of Distress Ink from re-inkers all over it. I encouraged a few swirls and blends to appear with my heat gun and then left it to air dry. I stamped the glasses background and then added the Paper Smooches die cut and sentiments.


This was so easy, and yet satisfying to make! I thought I'd photograph my card outside and share a little May sunshine.


The sistahs would love you to join them, so why not come and get inky too!

12 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Oooh I love that background! So cool! Fabulous card Sistah!

Jane Willis said...

Wow, I love that glasses background. I think you may have just enabled me.... Fab card

Donna said...

This is all kinds of inky awesomeness sistah
Love all those glasses!

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my goodness that is just a gorgeous background love that stamp and the man's face with the glasses is priceless. Awesome job!!!

Lindsey said...

So this is what reinkers are for! What a great background, especially overlaid with those fun glasses. Awesome card!

Wendy Bellino said...

Got inky and joined! LOVE your card!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous and effective way of achieving an inky background, what a fabulous stamp set. A super created card Jo.
Sunday Hugs Tracey x

Dawn T said...

Totally amazing mixed media card Jo. Love the background colours and stamping.

Mimi said...

LOVE THIS! My BFF works on some software for an huge optometry-related company, and I need that background stamp! Who made it? The colors are lovely and I love this. Thanks for having me as a guest at SOSS this week!

Monika Reeck said...

I love your idea Jo
that big Glasses and around it tiny glasses
coool and love the blue and pink
the Embossing folder is from WE R memories
its a great one to have and bigger as our card stock shape
love this card
hugs
Monika

Marina said...

Great glasses themed design - specs-tacular!

Lynne in NI said...

Fab card Jo, love all your specs! Fab BG too. Hope you have a great sunny weekend :)