Thursday, 2 August 2018

Card Chain Challenge Reveal - July 2018

EDITED: Oh, dear... I wasn't going to 'reveal' this card until I'd heard from my recipient to say it had arrived, but I forgot that I'd set this post to publish. Duh! I hope Helen won't be too upset if she sees her card here. I won't add it to the reveal over at CCC until I get the nod from her.

It's reveal time again at CCC!


As always, you can see that I monkeyed around with the sketch and the colour combos.


I had such fun creating this card, using Gillfriends from BB at My Favourite Things. The water was created with Distress Inks and then sprayed with lots of Tattered Lace sparkly stuff. It looks gorgeous IRL.

My sender for this month was the lovely Shylaa. For her card she stuck to the sketch and created this bright and cheery little beauty. Great photography too! You can see Shylaa's post and the card she received by clicking here.


The August Sign-up is still open if you'd like to play along with us. We have new players and twenty-two lovely, talented card makers in the link-up; could you make it 23?

I'm also linking to the current Monday Challenge of Wild Things over at Simon Says Stamp, where the DT gang have once again surpassed themselves with fabulous inspiration on this fun theme.

8 comments:

Billie A said...

Awesome cards.

Angelnorth said...

I bet that background looks lovely when tilted different ways in the light! Love the cute fish with their glittery accents! That’s a lovey card from Shylaa, too - I’m looking forward to taking part this month :)

HilaryJane said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and not only leaving me a message but also following me. I am getting quite excited as I reach 7 followers. Slowly does it! I love this card of yours simple and stylish xx

Shylaashree said...

Thank you for the kind words Jo. I feel very special to be part of this group

Emma Williams said...

Such a gorgeous card, this is so pretty, a perfect interpretation of our challenge theme and I'm sure the recipient will be over the moon with it! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... Hugs x

Lynne in NI said...

Cool card Jo I'm liking the sound of that sparkly stuff!

Marina said...

This looks a fun swap and you've both made lovely, colourful cards.

Greta said...

I know Helen loves her card--so cute & can't beat a beautiful sparkly background! Wonderful card from Shylaa! Sending hugs, Greta