Saturday, 11 August 2018

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #116 - D is for Denim


I wonder if Edna thinks she looks as good as we all did when we dressed like this?
This time at SoSS we have D is for Denim for you for your entertainment and enjoyment.


I have to be honest and say that I really struggled with this theme. I played around with the idea of 'jeans and genes' on the recommendation of Sister Toni, but just couldn't make it work with the stamps I have. Thankfully, this cute little Hero Arts cupcake stamp came to my rescue after I found a jeans related meme on Pinterest.

For some reason I decided to try to create some fluffy frosting with liquid applique. I now need a new tube of liquid applique, but it was quite a fun thing to try.

My sistahs have had the most amazing time with this challenge and we think you will too, so please head on over and enjoy the fun!

17 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Great card Jo and again you have found the perfect sentiment!!

Chris Dring said...

Memes are the perfect source for inspiration, dontcha think?! This is absolute perfection! Love it!

Lisa D said...

Haha! Love the sentiment!

Billie A said...

Awesome card and I love the sentiment. Cute and fun.

Tracy said...

LOL This is perfect. Love that sentiment and the Liquid Applique frosting.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

There's nothing wrong with a bit of Double Denim hee hee!! That cupcake really does look good enough to eat, cupcake over salad any day :))
Hugs Tracey xx

Marina said...

The liquid applique looks like yummy cream - fun and pretty card.

Claire said...

OMG that sentiment is absolutely brilliant, it did make me laugh in agreement. Your cupcake looks fab with the little gems as sprinkles. Fun card x

Marilyn said...

Terrific card and such a fun sentiment.

Crafting Queen said...

Great card!

Nicky said...

Love this card and the sentiment really made me laugh.

~amy~ said...

LOL...this is fabulous.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card Dotty, love the fluffy stuff. If your heart says eat cupcake and the jeans say salad just buy bigger jeans Lol! Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Denise S. said...

This is such a cute card. I love the frosting even if it did take all your liquid applique.

Lynne in NI said...

Hahaha, my own jeans would totally agree ;)

Lindsey said...

The frosting looks amazing - and there are sprinkles! How would anyone choose a salad over that? :D Fun card, Jo!

Sharon said...

LOL Fun card - love the saying!!