As you can see my desk is in need of a tidy up as my crafting space is getting smaller and smaller. Actually, I really will need to tidy up before the weekend as I'm planning to turn an old duvet cover into some new scatter cushions for our conservatory.
On my desk at the moment I have a semi-failed 'Fast Watercolouring' attempt, which I tried after being 'wowed' by Chris's beautiful card here. Not sure if I can salvage that one - ideas welcome!
Over on the far left of my desk you can see a newly arrived Grab Bag from Unity stamps won on the Growing in Unity FB group a couple of weeks ago. Whoop, whoop! In the middle of my craft mat you can see the set of stamps and the die I'm about to use to make my next Card Chain Challenge card. This one of my most favourite challenges of all time (not just because I'm an admin of the challenge) because you send and receive a card. I think this is such a fun thing to do as you know just how much love and care has gone into the beautiful handmade card you'll receive. It's a none pressure group and people can play along for a while and then drop out, while others play for years and years... and may be addicted to their monthly card fix! In a way I guess it's pretty similar to Julia's WoYWW in that it enables arty folk to make connections with fellow crafters and to chat a little about why we love doing what we do!
Now I think it's time to grab a cuppa and see what my fellow Wednesday crafters have been getting up to. Many thanks to the lovely Julia for making this possible for all of us four hundred and eighty-one times!

21 comments:
Hi Jo, I must admit I have not tried watercolouring, but see some lovely cards made with it. Great job with the grab bag win. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X
Hi Dotty Jo, many thanks for your comment - my, but you were quick! I'm sure your watercolour piece can be salvaged. I'd say, stamp on it and see - stamping changes the look of any background, usually for the better. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Elizabeth x #23
Hi Dotty Jo, nice to see you again after so long. Have you thought about adding some over stamping in a similar coloured Archival ink over that watercolour background using lots of different small stamps to create a background for a die cut. Have a great week. Sarah #21
My watercol0uring isn't something beautiful to behold so I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give advice on how to save it:/ have a good week!
Ellie #17
Hi again Jo, lol, no I just dived straight in. Then again, I have taken a scalpel to embossing folders before now, so I'm pretty fearless, rofl. Hugs, Shaz X
I like the sound of using the duvet cover to make cushions, you'll have to show us when you're finished! The watercolour backgrounds are lovely too, I've never been terribly successful with that medium so am full of admiration for those who can do it!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx
All those disappointing experiments turn out useful for something eventually I should know I have a stack of them. Your card chain sound fun must have a look. And Im with you thumbs up for Julia 481 times.
Lovely desk... enjoy your winnings! I would suggest trying to stamp on the watercolour background - you may decide you like it in the end. Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#19)
Hi, and thanks for dropping by mine already! enjoy your busy week...Helen #2
Hi Jo I hope you can do your best to save the watercolour, congratulations on your win.
Thank you so much for stopping by,
have fun looking forward to you next creation
Hugs Bridget :) xx
I'm sure you little back ground will be amazing with some stamping and a border. Karen 9
Hi there and thanks for popping by. I would stamp onto the water colour bacground - have done similar a few times. I'm sure that you will make it look great. Anne x #7
Hi Jo, stamping over the water colour is good but you could also go over it with a stencil and use it as the background to layer other papers onto or if that doesn't work die cut it to make embellishments for cards. Thanks for the visit to mine. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x15x
Well done for winning that grab bag - enjoy. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good week. Hazel, WOYWW #20 x
Well lucky you for winning that grab bag from Unity. I love their stamps. I may have to check out the card chain site you mentioned. I love the idea. Have a wonderful week. Dorlene #30
I don't think your craft space needs tidying at all.... I think it looks very organized! I've stamped on a watercolor background and it turned out very well. Happy crafting! Erica #26
For an untidy desk it's way more tidier than mine! LOL! Hope you get all your cushions done. I've done some water coloring. I just keep forgetting about it! Thanks for popping by and have a great weekend!
Carol N #24
Hmm Miss Dotty Jo...you and I have a very different interpretation of the word untidy!! Love the vista of your desk, looks like full on calm to me! Don't write off the watercolour thing, seriously, behind every great, useable technique there's about a million bits of card in the bin! Good luck with the cushion making, I like doing them, they come together fast enough to actually be satisfying!
I'm sorry, but I see a huge expanse of workspace here! Tidy up? Not sure what you mean! I would use that watercolour in a journal page, either my junk journal or regular art journal. I would stencil layers onto it first, then add this and that. . .voila! Saved! Thanks for sharing, have a great week! Lindart #27
In need of a tidy up? Your messy is my clean! Have fun with your new goodies :)
Hi Jo, actually I cannot see the failed attempt and isn't that kind of a not really possible thing with watercolors since the water has a mind of its own to move your colors as it pleases? :)
what are you trying to do?
~Stacy #33
Post a Comment