Welcome to my little corner of Blogland, where I share my love of papercrafting and life!
Wednesday, 29 August 2018
What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday! #482
Hi Wednesday guys, thanks for visiting!
I was expecting to have a desk full of sewing and cushion related loveliness on show today, but the beautiful jacquard duvet cover I was planning to transform into cushions has vanished! I've ransacked the house as it has to be somewhere - I'd have never given away a barely used, cream coloured and wooden-buttoned beauty like that. Hubby has promised to climb into the loft and open bags and boxes on Saturday, so watch this space...
Here is something I've transformed from last week. I tried (and failed) at fast water colouring.
That lovely water colour paper is too expensive to waste , so I over-stamped a few different, random images and set it to one side. On a new piece of card I die-cut four sweet MFT leaves and then slipped the spoiled piece behind it. This looks so pretty IRL, and I'm thrilled with the effect. Thanks for the advice everyone!
So, now I'm experimenting with various off-cuts and left-over bits and pieces to see what else I can create. This is a new creative avenue to explore while I stress on the whereabouts of that duvet cover!
Mmmmm, shall I die-cut some leaves? Shall I create an underwater scene?
Happy Wednesday, I'll be visiting later on... With a glass of gin and tonic in my hand!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





19 comments:
that's a clever way to use the 'failed attempt'. Funny how something like this sends us off on another journey. Karen 21
Hi Jo, loving that die set of leaves and how well the card turned out. There is always a way to use things that go wrong. Sure the lost Duvet cover will turn up soon. Have a great woyww and hugs, Angela x9x
Hello Jo. I've been missing in action for the past three weeks - Scotland and the Lake District called my name - and who am I to refuse them?! I'm pretty certain I would have remembered if I had visited you before... so "Hello"! Those items you have made from you "mistakes" are great - well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2
Fabulous way to repurpose the ruined piece. I thought it looked good, however. But with the dies cut over it, it is great! Lovely pieces to work with. How you find the coverlet. Happy WOYWW! #33
I hope you enjoyed your gin and tonic! I like the use of your bits and pieces! Helen #1
What a brilliant save Jo. I love the background behind the die cut leaves! Hope you find that duvet. Sarah #18
Isn't that the best form of crafting? Noodling about with no particular idea and creating some really lovely things on the way! I understand the need to use the watercolour paper - why is it so expensive? Fingers crossed that you find the duvet cover...it's probably in that 'safe place', lol!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx
Omgoodness! This is a great way to use the 'disaster' projects! I don't know how many times I have thrown cards away and started over. Watercolor and I are not friends. Beautiful card!
--Phaline Mays
....I hope you find your duvet.....
So glad I am not the only person who loses things. I can have something one day and the next day it can be lost (seemingly) for ever. Hope it turns up.
Love the leaf card - what a beautiful diecut it is and what a clever way to salvage something.
Hugs & Thanks for visiting me, Neet 4 xx
Thanks for sharing this great idea! I hope I can remember this next time I mess up something (it shouldn't be too long before that happens). Your cards turned out great!
Hi Jo, It's always great when a mistake turns into a new technique for you. I love the effect you made.
Hope that duvet shows up.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Happy WOYWW
Sue #7
Hi Jo, I hope the duvet cover turns up! So annoying when things are go missing! I love the thanks card - what a great idea, I will definitely remember that one. I love seeing everyone's ideas for rescues! Have a lovely week Heather x #11
Pretty cool cards this week. Wonderful! Dorlene #31
Hmm, could it be that the husb doesn't think more cushions are needed? :P Pretty, repurposed cards happening on your work desk!
Hi Dotty, partially 'hiding' a piece that I'm not happy with behind a die cut is something I do occasionally, as well as cutting/punching into squares or panels, then re assembling as a mosaic. Love how your project turned out, as well as using the cut outs to make another project. Fab. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X
ooh fast watercolouring sounds interesting and LOVE the way you were able to use it up-the card looks brilliant.
kyla
Love how you have turned around the fast watercolour, those colours look fab peeping through that crisp white die cut topper. Plenty left to create a reverse effect card too so it's a win win creation.
Hope you find your fabric, if your anything like me it will be staring you in the face hee hee!!
Thanks for sharing WOYWW & sorry i'm late, in a wee bit of a pickle at the mo.
Hugs Tracey #8
that left over cut off you can make as Bookmark
and it looks adorable on that rainbow BG
woooww and the thanks card with that blue background oh WOOOW
love so much
very tidy place too not like mine..chaotic hehe LOL
hugs
Monika
Post a Comment