Tuesday, 1 January 2019

New Year - New Challenge!

Happy New Year to all my card making friends - hope you had a great Christmas, and that 2019 is off to a good start for you!


So, hands up, who fully intended to start making their Christmas cards in January 2018... then it slipped to Easter, July, September and before you knew it December arrived and you were up to your ears in tinsel, wrapping paper and sprouts?
Sounding familiar? Yes, that was me again!

I'm planning that this will change in 2019, but I do need a little help from my friends and that's where you guys come in! My aim is to run a little challenge during the year to kickstart my Christmas card making and I thought I'd share the fun by adding a linky and asking you to play along too!

The themed challenges will launch fortnightly on a Tuesday morning. They will run for two weeks until Monday evening, just before a new challenge commences. I'll try and keep rules and regulations to a minimum and will probably mess up things from time to time, but I hope you'll just enjoy the ride and have some fun!

There will be 53 Tuesdays in 2019 (or so Mr Google tells me), so that will be about 26-ish Christmas cards made if you were to play along in each challenge - Woo hoo!

I'll pick some favourites from the entries (see how gloriously optimistic I am?) and award a bauble or two by way of a little thank you for joining in.

The theme for Challenge #1 is Rudolph and Friends


Here's card #1 from me, hey look, it's January 1st and I already have a Christmas card made and ready to send! This challenge is all about deer - so break out your reindeer stamps or stag die cuts and join the fun.

I'm totally smitten with this little Rudolph by Clearly Besotted from their lovely set Let's Prance! Isn't he just so pleased and proud to be dashing through the snow? BTW, Clearly Besotted have a rather nice sale going on in the UK right now, and Rudolph and his mates are priced at 25% off normal price.

And now it's your turn to play along....




Challenge Rules and Guidelines: 

  • Like and/or follow this blog either via Blogger or Bloglovin, or Email. 
  • Add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery or blog to the Linky tool
  • Please mention and link back to this post/blog to let people know about this fun challenge!
  • I'd appreciate cards made especially for this challenge, but I understand that we all love challenges and the additional traffic they bring, so please link a card that fits NO MORE THAN 8 CHALLENGES including this. 
  • New Challenges will commence fortnightly on a Tuesday, with the previous challenge closing at 23.55pm GMT on the Monday before the launch of each new challenge. 
  • Please enter a max of 3 cards per challenge (Thanks for the query, Gail).

29 comments:

Anneke said...

I'm wishing you an amazing 2019 as well X
This challenge sounds great!
Love your reindeer card!

ionabunny said...

Oooh, what a blast. Any help to kickstart the christmas makings is appreciated. Love your badge and your rudolf card. Fab theme!! I am partial to Rudolfs. Being over optimistic my own self is there a limit to the number of cards we can add each week?? Just in case I manage to make more than one! Although one will probably be a reach some fortnightlies....... Great fun new challenge and idea. Hugz

Cat Craig said...

Happy New Year. I was one of those that got bogged down at the end of the year with Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Fall and birthday cards. So this is great to see another Christmas card challenge since We lost two Christmas themed challenges in 2018. Looking forward to playing along. Thanks so much for starting this one up.

Nicky said...

Love the idea of the challenge and your card. Will be back to play later. Happy New Year to you x

Lindsey said...

Such a cute card, and look at you go on the 2019 Christmas stash! Good luck with this new endeavour - hope it encourages both of us to make more Christmas cards throughout the year!

Chris Dring said...

Yay and congrats on starting up a Christmas card challenge! You go girl! LOVE your Rudolph card, and I so plan to play along!

Janis said...

Congratulations on your new challenge, Jo! What a fab idea. I am excited to join in as often as I can. Making Christmas cards all year long saves my bacon in December..and I need ALL the help and encouragement I can get to stay on track. Happy 2019 and many wishes for a bright future for this new challenge!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Greta said...

As you know, I love making Christmas cards--my favorite! I'm glad to have another challenge where I can enter them--thanks for letting me know, Jo! I actually intended to use my HA deer stamp, but didn't get it done. Now I'll get it out & enter! Your card is just adorable!

Dawn T said...

Wow Jo... I wish you luck with your new challenge. I will try to join in now and then as I do need to keep up with my Christmas cards.
Your opening card is simply adorable.

CinnamonSally said...

What a great idea Jo and a fun challenge, I will have to get my thinking cap on for this one as I don't have a reindeer stamp ! love your inspiration.

Marina said...

ooh yes, I'll try to join you...
I do love this cute card and I particularly love how you did the horizon. (I know that sounds odd!)

Billie A said...

Love your card. So cute. Happy New Year..

Donna said...

Woot woot woot!!!
Fab idea sistah!
I know just the stamp I am going to use for this challenge, I have a cute wee reindeer that has yet to see ink!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Loves ya xxooxx

Suze said...

Good Luck with your new challenge. Found this challenge from Janis' blog Her Peaceful Garden. Will try and join in as often as I can.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I'm always excited to see a new challenge and I just joined as a follower! I linked up my card but then deleted my entry as I realized I broke one of the rules by joining more than 8 challenges. Ooops, sorry about that! I'm a bit of a challenge junkie and got somewhat overzealous, but thank you for the inspiration! Hope to join again at some point! Best wishes with your challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Jo!! Thanks to my friend Cat, I am in the loop with your new Challenge!! Go YOU!!!
Happiest New Year, my friend... I do hope to add more FUN to my card making again this year - a Christmas card, or 26, would certainly add to my stash before Christmas this year!
=] Michele

Jules said...

Hi Jo

I hope you had a super happy Christmas and wish you all the best for 2019.

Loving the sound of your challenge. Will try my best to join in!

Love Jules xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What fun Jo, you will have everybody ready for Christmas again before we know it. Wishing you all the best with the New Blog Challenge & a very Happy New Year.
Creative Hugs Tracey x

Karenladd said...

So happy to find a challenge to help keep me on track with my Christmas cards. I'm terrible about leaving them to the last minute so have vowed to make them throughout the year instead. Of course, it's hard to get into the Christmas mood in the middle of summer but this will give me a boost!

ike said...

Congrats on your new Challenge. I saw you when I visited Janis :-D
Thank you very much for this Challenge.
Hugz
IKE x

Tracy said...

Awww isn't he cute. I bet he's off to find some friends to play reindeer games with. LOL Happy new year!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh well done Jo and yes I hope to play along :)
LOVE your sweet little reindeer, I'm sure I have one or two in my stash!

Lynne in NI said...

PS went shopping. Bad girl leading me astray ;)

Aquarius said...

Lovely to see a new challenge - found it courtesy of Jules. Hopefully I can manage a card each fortnight!! Good Luck

Di said...

What a great challenge Jo! I run the Snippets Playground Challenge and am currently mopping up after a Grand Draw which ran over Christmas and New Year. I see comments from a lot of blogging friends here as well! Once I surface will certainly try and join in - just adding myself as a follower. Good luck - a great idea!

Hugs

Di xx

Margreet said...

Congrats on your new challenge. I'm a new follower and already entered with a Rudolph card.
Love yours by the way.
xxx Margreet

Liz McGuire, said...

Happy New Year! This is a fab idea, will try to join in!

Liz x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for the challenge.

Monika Reeck said...

Oohh I am late...
Need DT member Jo?
I am in of you need..seriously..will try to follow your Goal too..
Rudolf on your card oh so cuutee naughty and sweet tooo...
Lovely scene card.
Luv it..
Walk around your blog...sorry so late :((
Perdon