Tuesday, 22 January 2019

Playing The Library Challenge #25 - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

The only good thing to come out of hurting my back at work last week is that I currently have a bit of time for crafting. Thankfully, I can sit at my desk for short periods and pass the time that way. Ironically, my DH hurt his back the same day and so we are hobbling around the house together and trying to look after each other.

Sadly, I almost never seem to find time to play in Marina's The Library Challenge, so decided to make the most of my enforced rest and break out some very cute dragon stamps!

Her book for Challenge #25 is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larson.


I read this a few years ago and seem to remember that it was quite a gripping read.


My card is very simple and makes use of a cute dragon and his cake from the set Dragon Wishes by Mama Elephant. The design paper is from a pack I won a few years ago from crafting buddy Rebecca, so I don't know the brand. Rebecca sent me so many sheets of DP that I'll be dipping into this stash forever! Thanks, hun!

I'm also linking my card to Seize the Birthday Challenge #157 as this is another favourite challenge that I wished I could play along with more often.



Happy Tuesday, Crafters!


14 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Oh dear Jo I hope you and hubby feel better soon, nothing worse than a bad back! Love your cute dragon card.

Monika Reeck said...

I hope hubby feel better soon Jo :(..hope he has no serious pain..
Jo this card soo cuttee..the dragon made me smile big...
Hugs from Munich
Monika

Billie A said...

Sweet birthday card. I love the CAS look and the fun images.

Trina P. said...

Adorable. Great CAS design.
Sending wishes for a speedy back recovery. x

Claire said...

Aww how cute is that little dragon blowing out the birthday candles, smashing card Jo x

Angelnorth said...

Super cute cad Jo. Glad you’re managing a bit of crafty time as light relief - back pain is no fun at all, hope yo and hubby ate soon feeling better.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh dear, sorry to hear you've both damaged yourselves, hope those backs are better soon! Love your cute lil' dragon!

Aquarius said...

A really cute and pretty card. Certainly more light hearted than the book which was a bit on the dark side, although a gripping read as you say. Hope your back recovers quickly.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Your card is so sweet!! Hope you and your husband are a bit better now although it sounds very romantic 'hobbeling' together and taking care for each other...

Marina said...

What a great design with that huge card with the cake on top.Totally cute too.Thanks for joining The Library. Hope you and your husband get well soon.

BrendaB said...

Love your card with that cute little dragon!

TaeEun said...

What a cute little dragon! Your card is adorable! Love the CAS layout you've created with the big white cloud panel! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday! Hope you and your husband are feeling better now!

Pop's Cards said...

This is so cute, I love the dragon and the cloud paper is perfect to go with him, hugs Pops x

HilaryJane said...

I love how you have created the sky and the dragon is very cute, An excellent card xx