Once again we have a gorgeous Guest Elf to delight and inspire, and during this fortnight we are in the company of the lovely Julie from Always with a Heart.
Here's how Julie used the sketch to create her breathtakingly beautiful card. You can see other pictures of her creation and find out how she made it by visiting her blog Always with A Heart.
I decided to tackle the sketch too which is very unusual for me as I am ever-so slightly sketch-a-phobic.
I opted to use this gorgeous pad called Celebrate Winter from Echo Park. This meant that everything matched without my having to hunt out coordinating papers. The die cut snowflake is actually beautifully sparkly as it is cut from glitter paper.
In addition to using Julie's sketch I made these little cards using the Scandi Christmas set from Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine.
I very much hope you'll head over to The Christmas Kickstart Challenge to play along.







10 comments:
Another great challenge and lovely inspiration. Hope to play along again.
Both your cards are fantastic, that sketch if fabulous!!! I can hardly wait to play along I love sketches and Christmas challenges.
Great cards. Love the layers with that sparkly snowflake,
but also love the Scandinavian style simplicity of those hearts.
xxx
Looks fabulous to me, a perfect take on the sketch, cute scandi cards too hugs Pops x
Lovely cards, I really love the simple ones.
Great idea to add a heart for a Valentine-timed Christmas card, and great inspiration! I will do my best to play again! ;)
Hi Jo
A great Christmas card .. . and I love the Scandi ones too! The heart with the little birds is super cute!
Mmmm.. .. just realised you have now added another 4 cards to your Christmas box. LOL!!!
Thank you for making me an elf on your challenge blog. Might take the hat off for Valentine's night though.
Love Jules xx
Both are Beautiful Card love the critter on Julie Card lovely Sketch and your Denim grid paper is adorable
love it
and I love the red with White Sentiment
the scandi Card are sweet simple and cute
I will try to find a heart for Christmas Card if I find I like to Join dear Jo
hugs
Monika
Your little heart cards are adorable, Jo!
Just popping in to say I am so sorry for missing the cat challenge last time - I had my card started but never got to finish it! Very bad month here! Maybe I'll have a chance to join this time! We'll see! Your cards are all gorgeous! Love the layering on your sketch card! Julie's hedgie is adorable!
Post a Comment