Tuesday, 26 February 2019

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge #5 - Have a Very Bear-y Christmas!


It's time for  Challenge #5 of The Christmas Kickstart Challenge! Can't believe it's time for the fifth challenge already. For this fortnight a new Guest Elf has taken up residence and the lovely Lynne from Ruby-Dooby-Doo Crafts is 'In da house'.


You'll love Lynne's adorable bear card which you can see here.

Here's my first card for this challenge:


I went with non-traditional colours and broke out a whole heap of My Favourite Things goodies for this one. I love every bear from BB set Polar Bear Pals, but I have to admit that this one (affectionately none to me as Bernard) has captured my heart.

My next card is very, very different and was very difficult to photograph. I'm still not sure whether I need to add Santa hats. Whaddya think?


The bears come from a set from Concord & 9th called Hugs. The trees in the background come from a Hero Arts stamp (Winter Trees Pattern) and the trees and cardinal bird are by Lawn Fawn (Birch Trees). When I assembled the card I couldn't decide whether to include the cardinal: you don't get cardinal birds here in the UK. Then I realised that you don't get bears either, so there he is!

Hope you decide to play along...

9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

I love Bernard, he is darling with his striped scarf and gifty sitting right in front. Your triple bear card is another darling offering.

Darnell said...

These are darling bear cards, Jo! I love them both and, since you asked, it might be hard to get Santa hats on the heads of the middle bear and the one on the left, but for sure that guy on the right is waiting patiently for one since he doesn't have a word over his head!! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards by both you and Lynne. Bears are so cute.

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous cards Jo! I nearly spilt my tea at your comment about not getting cardinals here hahaha
PS Thanks for the happy mail! xx

Tracy said...

Awww he looks like a Bernard and I love the die cut frame. I say no hats for the bears on the second card. I like the rustic vibe. Great work!

Lindsey said...

Two perfect cards, just as they are. :)

Greta said...

Such fun cards, Jo! I really love the MFT one--wonderful non-traditional color combo!

Marina said...

Really great and quite different bear Christmas cards. I love bear images - I have loads of polar bears (including the set on your first card) so I was hoping to play along, but I think I may have run out of time.

Monika Reeck said...

Both are cute Jo..I am sorry just visit again...big hugs
Now catching up
Monika