Thursday, 2 May 2019

Card Chain Challenge - April 2019 Reveal

It's time for the April Reveal over at The Card Chain Challenge.


I'll share an interesting (and rather amazing fact) with you: a grand total of 2,758 handmade cards have flown around the planet since Deborah started the challenge all those years ago!

I love taking part in this challenge because it's a total win-win: I get to make and send a card and then I receive a beautiful, handmade creation from the person below me in the chain. I also get to 'meet and chat' with fellow card makers and make new blogging buddies along the way.

So, here's what we worked with for the April Challenge:

An unusual, but fun colour palette 

a great sketch, which I flipped upside down...


and fun themes of cats, umbrellas and friendship. Our product or technique options were designer paper and Glossy Accents.

For my card I decided to ink up this cute cat and umbrella combo (I know!) from Brutus Monroe and pull in as many of the colours from the palette as possible. The cat's glasses and the rain drops are highlighted with Glossy Accents.


I was delighted to send my card to Greta in Oregon, USA and to receive this little beauty from Arlene in CA, USA. I love Arlene's card as it so reminded me of when I lived in a little house with two windows facing the street. My two gorgeous girl cats would sit one in each window to watch all the the comings and goings in the outside world. 


There's still a few more days to join the May Card Chain Challenge sign-up if you'd like to play along.

Happy crafting everyone, have a great Thursday!

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Purrrrr-fect! and for a neutral-loving girl like me? a fabulous color palette!
=]

Angelnorth said...

A cat and umbrella double whammy - purrrfect stamp for the challenge! Love this card Jo, it's a delight!

ionabunny said...

Very impressed with your umbrella carrying cat an lovely use of the colours. Hugz

HilaryJane said...

This is great, it made me smile xx

Greta said...

I'm so enjoying this adorable card! Thanks, Jo!